Licensed Practical Nurse LPN
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Delivers quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses. Responsible for tasks, activities and functions as delegated and may make assignment of duties to others as defined in their state of practice act. Ensure that tasks, activities and functions assigned to others can safely be performed by the person receiving the assignment based on their educational preparation. Provides monitoring of tasks, activities and functions that are assigned to others to ensure proper understanding and completion. Monitors onsite and offsite scheduling, follow up on patient care from offsite appointments along with telemedicine.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with Corizon Health:
- Contributes to the assessment of the health status of patients.
- Participates in the development and modification of a patient’s plan of care.
- Performs delegated tasks, activities and functions that are consistent with prior educational preparation and within scope of practice.
- Provides direct basic care to assign multiple clients within the structure of the healthcare program at their facility.
- Provides safe and effective nursing care and assumes responsibility for the care delivered.
- Implements patient education based on established teaching plans.
- Utilizes a problem solving approach as the basis for their decision making.
- Monitor offsite and onsite scheduling with a collaborative approach.
- Monitor consult process as it relates to policy and contract.
- Participates in Quality Improvement.
- Participate in Patient Care Committee Meeting
- Monitor CARES- with coordination as needed
- Ensure onsite and offisite follow up care of patients along with telemedicine appointments
- Will work in collaboration with Regional Medical Director, site medical providers, Regional Nursing Director and other site nursing leaders.
- Performs other nursing duties as assigned.
Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Graduate from a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
Correctional officers provide security; however, some degree of risk of verbal and physical assault from inmates exists. As in any healthcare setting, employees may be exposed to communicable and/or infectious diseases. Inside work with periodic traveling (inter and intra state) to other locations with exposure to weather, temperature extremes and hazardous road conditions. Frequent standing and walking while presenting or performing job duties. Adheres to site/contract specific on-call requirements.
Employees must be able to perform the following:
- Required to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body.
- Required to kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl occasionally. Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Must have and maintain sufficient strength, agility, and endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental and emotional) situations encountered on the job.
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies; must be able to perform BLS.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.