Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN) - Contract - MSQ
Cavalier Workforce Inc
Long Island City, NY
The practice of nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse is defined as performing tasks responsibilities within the scope of supportive & restorative care; medication administration and specialized tasks under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse of licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician or dentist.
- Delivers nursing care in structured & routine situations free of scientific complexity.
- Assistance with activities of daily living.
- Administration of treatments and routine tasks such as suctioning and urinary catheterizations.
- Preparation of patient for surgery, diagnostic tests, treatments, examinations.
- 5. Administration of medications within scope of practice. Collects, labels and processes specimens accurately.
- 6. Identification and set up of intravenous equipment and delivery of solutions for infusion through peripheral access devices .
- 7. Administer blood or blood products, with special training.
- 8. Reports pertinent observations, treatments, medications, incidents & accidents associated with patients, to the Registered Professional Nurse & records same on appropriate documents with the format of charting utilized in the unit.
- 9. Recognizes the unit based model for delivery of nursing care & assumes responsibility for assignments delegated by the Registered Professional Nurse such as: Contributes to nursing care plan in collaboration with other members of nursing staff.
- 10. Reinforces the patient/family teaching process identified by the RN.
- 11. Provides emotional support to patients & their families/significant others.
- 12. Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the nursing care plan.
- 13. Provides for the physical comfort & safety of the patient.
- 14. Contributes to patient care conferences.
- 15. Assists in Emergency Resuscitative Procedures by initiating a Team 7000 call, performing resuscitative procedures such as BCLS & carrying out other activities as directed by the team. Documents nursing care delivered on appropriate forms within the medical record.
A.Completion of educational program for licensure as a LPN.
B.Successful completion of required New York State Department of
Health LPN IV Therapy Initial Program for the demonstration of
competence in the performance of intravenous therapy/blood
administration procedures as part of Centralized Orientation.
C. Successful completion of annual unit-based review & update program in
procedures associated with intravenous therapy.
Licensing and Certification Requirements (if applicable)
Name: LPN - Issuing Agency: New York State Department of Health
Name: Basic Life Saver (BLS)- Issuing Agency: AHA
Medication administration and specialized tasks under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse of licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician or dentist.