Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills uniquely captures pure unadulterated luxury and captivating experiences through a modern lens. Peacefully situated on a tree-lined residential street, yet a short stroll from the bustle of Rodeo Drive, the boutique hotel is renowned for its legendary elegance and unquestioned privacy. This 116-room all-suite hotel offers a welcoming environment which has appealed to discerning visitors and locals alike for decades. The restaurant, Avec Nous, offers a menu inspired by iconic Southern French dishes complemented by California farm-fresh ingredients and modern techniques.
Scope of this Position:
Ensure that food is made to the exact specifications of the managing Chefs. Must assume responsibility for all dishes prepared by self or others following your direction. Must be ready to work in a high pressure, fast paced work environment, while retaining organizational ability to see and act on work duties quickly and efficiently. Responsible to prepare menu items and feature dishes in all stations in the kitchen, including cafeteria, as directed by managing chefs. Must follow the direction of Executive Chef in all aspects, including but not limited to portion control, station set up, mise en place, cleanliness, sanitation, food storage, break down and clean up. Must maintain good safety standards at all times. Must have an understanding and knowledge on how to use and maintain all equipment in the station and to cook food items as required by managing Chefs in a clean and timely manner.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Report any unsafe and/or unacceptable occurrences to managing Chefs in a timely and concise fashion
- Knowledgeable in all areas of the kitchen and to fill in where needed.
- Knowledgeable in classic and modern cooking methods and techniques.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Have workstation ready for service before service time, fully stocked and fresh
- Comply with and enforces all safety and health department procedures as well as L’Ermitage and/or departmental policies/procedures.
- Comply with all state and federal laws. Be trained in all fire, safety and emergency procedures.
- Mentor and motivate line cooks 2 and 3 to maintain a teamwork environment with all colleagues.
- The ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent Hotel data.
- Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have advanced knife skills
- Must have a trained palate and be able to produce consistent and correct flavor profiles
- Must be able to maintain consistent and correct plate presentation
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill necessary tasks
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length
- Must be able to work: Under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold),variable noise levels, around chemicals.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent education preferred
- Experience: Over 2 years previous experience in a similar position in a luxury hotel preferred
- Licenses or Certificates: Serve Safe required
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
L’Ermitage participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.