Line Cook • 360 Grille • Full Time
Parkshore | Dining Services
We are accepting applications for a Full-Time Line Cook to join our team! This position will support our 360 Grille.
The work schedule is from Tuesday to Saturday from 12:00pm to 8:30pm. Sunday and Monday off.
Do you love what you do, but not where you’re doing it?
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance in your career with a growing organization?
Do you thrive in an environment where meaningful work happens every day?
Interested? Keep reading!
Parkshore is a lakefront retirement community located in Seattle's picturesque Madison park neighborhood, Parkshore is looking for caring, fun and energetic Cook to join our team! As a Transforming Age community, Parkshore is comprised of dedicated and caring people who have a strong desire to enrich the lives of older adults and our team members.
- Work/Life Balance: We have multiple shifts and flexible schedules
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits: We have the benefits you’re looking for as well as other unique perks for full-time, part-time and on-call team members
- A culture of FUN and commitment to the care of our residents, our communities and each other
- Your opinion matters: We share ideas, we listen and work together to make great things happen
What does our Chef do?
- Exemplify, at all times, community standards of cleanliness, sanitation and operational organization.
- Exhibits leadership and management standards with all Culinary Services staff.
- Is responsible for adhering to food quality, appearance and presentation standards at all times.
- Produces and serves menu cycle programs compliant with required Nutritional/Dietary criteria as required by local regulations and correctly prepares diets provided per Policy and Procedure.
- Exhibits cooking standards of speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Demonstrates knowledge in all areas of cooking preparation and production.
- Visits residents periodically to evaluate food service such as quality, quantity, temperature, and appearance and conducts evaluations to make revisions in operations/procedures to promote top-notice food service.
- Represents the community in a warm and inviting manner.
What we're looking for from you:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required; A culinary arts degree is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience as a Chef/Kitchen Manager in a food service environment, preferably in a senior living community.
- Knowledge: Successful completion of recognized food safety course. A deep knowledge of local health and safety standards, OSHA and other regulatory agencies
- License: Current Valid Drivers License
- Excellent Attitude: An upbeat, fun, outgoing personality and can-do attitude
- Work Environment: Enjoy working with older adults and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superb Communication: A strong communicator in writing, speaking and reading in the English language
- Tech Savvy: Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Team-work: Ability and willingness to work as a cohesive team with other community and corporate departments
- Customer Service: Be patient, pleasant and understanding in relating to the residents and staff
At Parkshore, we care deeply about our mission and commitment to providing exceptional care to our residents. That is why we are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon a contingent offer of employment.
We are excited to hear from you! Come join us and help us fulfill our vision to Transform the Perception of Age.