TJ's is hiring! We are looking for experienced Line Cooks that demonstrates product knowledge and pride in their job and the food that they put out. We are a family owned restaurant, well known in the heart of Avondale for our unique & oversized dishes & homemade pies. We're not fast food, we're real food cooked as fast as we can. Come show your pride with us. Looking for a place you are respected and valued? Looking for a place to grow? Then TJ's is for you!
Your previous experience working in Food Prep and the kitchen is essential to being successful in this role as we expect you to cook great food for customers, so they are satisfied and encouraged to come back. We are a scratch kitchen serving fried, grilled, and other special dishes.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Cooking product to specifications.
- Maintaining cleanliness of work station.
- Some light prep work.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Current Food Handlers Card.
- Dependable / Strong work ethic.
- Positive Attitude.
- Must be able to work in an environment that is often hot, noisy, and congested.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Can reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Can work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).