A Line Cook is the backbone of our entire operation.
We are on the hunt for an experienced Line Cook to join our growing team and help prepare meals according to our standardized recipes. In this position, your principal goal will be to prepare high-quality meals that meet the chef's exact specifications in a fast-paced environment and busy restaurant.
You will be responsible for setting up your station, stocking inventory, and maintaining sanitation standards. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. Ultimately, you will play an essential role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and restaurant growth.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary mise en place
- Answer, report, and follow instructions from executive chef, sous chef, and/or kitchen managers
- Prepare food for service
- Cook menu items in compliance with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Keep a positive and professional approach with coworkers
- Make sure that food comes out simultaneously with great quality and in a timely manner
- Comply with nutrition and allergy regulations and standards
- Help with preparation of pizza dough and other prep if needed
- Must pass/take a Food Handlers Certificate within two weeks of hire date
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, climb stairs, finely manipulate and key in data
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
- Returning unused items after service to the correct inventory location, or storing cooked goods for use at another service