What you will be doing
- The Line Cook is responsible for preparation of quality food in safe and efficient compliance with proper food preparation and handling.
- Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management.
- Consistent safe and sanitary food storage, preparation and cooking. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment. Adherence to all safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
- Recognize and follow quality standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and grains, including proper storage of these items. Effective utilization of leftovers and control of waste.
- Understand and ability to properly use seasonings for a range of culturally diverse foods. Knowledge of common food allergens and their substitutes.
- Cook using a repertoire of cooking methods including poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking.
- Produce from scratch menu quality food in appropriate portion size, cut and quantity. Ensures all food is prepared and presented in accordance with appropriate recipes, presentations and with guest orders. Acknowledge any special requests and prepare the menu item accordingly.
- Safe use of supplies and equipment.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus schooling in culinary arts or related major.
- One or more years of related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper food preparation, cooking, handling and storage. Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
- Paid vacation
- Personal/Sick Days
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Free Parking
- Matching 401-K
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing hotel company. We provide an excellent benefits package.
The Postcard Inn on the Beach is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Source: TPG Hotels & Resorts