At Soho House a Line Cook III is responsible for contributing to service and supporting a dedicated section as well as seamless preparation of food and sauces and assisting Senior Chefs when needed. As a Line Cook III, you thrive in fast-paced environments and positively influence the team by demonstrating skilled abilities of one or more stations as well as remaining calm during a busy service. Daily responsibilities also include preparation of food items in the pantry, fry station, and other areas of the kitchen as well as adhering to allergy requests and specific alterations to dishes.
A successful Line Cook III, is a critical member of the team due to the focused and appreciated culinary abilities in one or more stations. Although not skilled in all stations a Line Cook III is hyper-specialized and has proven ability to execute all menu items properly from prep to plate and deliver top quality dishes from two or more stations.
- Responsible for learning all menu items and ability to produce consistent and quality dishes in fast-paced and demanding environments on or more stations
- Ensure cooking temps and quality to reduce additional costs, influence others on the cost of product and how it contributes to the profit and loss of the company
- Production and a-la-carte dish(s) execution. Including weekend feast ideas and family meal. Work towards specific goals and Soho House Standards for speed of service goals and consistent experience for Soho House Standards for service; 3-8-10
- Follow proper procedure when clocking in and out for shifts as well as breaks
- Support Executive Sous and Jr. Sous with pre and post service meeting as well as follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Kitchen as well as restocks all items as needed throughout shift
- Maintain a positive energy and remain influential to other teams’ members while working under pressure and provide a welcoming work environment that increases staff moral
- Attend “Cook House” trainings and support the mentoring and education of new and existing team members on areas they are looking to go
- Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner and sets up station according to Kitchen guidelines and maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas and Commitment to quality service and food knowledge. In addition to the ability to comply with safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Daily support in prep as well as kitchen maintenance, equipment and inventory to when needed
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in a fast-paced, upscale and approachable environment of professionals
- Understanding of professional cooking and encompasses educated knife handling skills
- Proven ability to execute all menu items and properly prepare and deliver top quality dishes on all stations
- Food handler’s certificate
- Strong communicator, able to take direction, team player and motivator
- Proactive ability to build professional relationships with all leaders and kitchen team and arrive to work prior to scheduled start to ensure you have appropriate time to situate, eat and be briefed on previous service and anticipated service
- Flexible schedule and ability to work morning, night, weekend and holiday’s (as needed)
- Possess a level of creativity to create recipes from scratch
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.