Black Bear Diner in Reno and Fernley are looking for line cooks with am or pm availability. Please respond with your resume.
You can also apply by texting BBD to 85000 or visit our website at 3bearsjobs.com. $18 to $22 per hour based on prior experience.
- We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef's specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces).
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef's instructions.
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food.
- Stock inventory appropriately.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Familiar with industry's best practices.