Litigation Paralegal, International Trade
Palmer Staffing Services
Title: Litigation Paralegal, International Trade
Company: Palmer Legal Staffing
Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Temporary, about 3-months, could last longer and also has a potential to become permanent down the line.
Hourly Rate: DOE
- Report directly to eight attorneys in the International Trade practice with a broad range of responsibilities that encompass all aspects of international trade as it relates to antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings before the Department of Commerce, the Court of International Trade and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Draft court pleadings such as summons, disclosure forms, motions to intervene, joint status reports, proposed orders, motions to dismiss and other miscellaneous court documents; draft correspondence relating to requests for extension of time, letters of submission of administrative protective order applications and certifications; requests for administrative reviews and miscellaneous correspondence to the Department of Commerce ("the Department") and International Trade Commission (the "Commission").
- Organize client questionnaire responses to requests for information, including exhibits. Review same for confidentiality and identify proprietary information in compliance with Department regulations. Review and edit briefs to conform to bluebook citation rules.
- Ensure that administrative protective order (APO) procedures are followed and complete tasks related to same (i.e., filing APO applications and amendments; maintaining clerical forms and lists of active APOs; overseeing proper recordkeeping; monitoring dates for certificates of destruction; coordinating destruction of hard and soft copies of APO materials; filing certificates of destruction).
- Support attorneys and client interests related to Section 232 tariff exclusion request process and trade advisors related to Section 301 tariffs.
- Coordinate multifaceted office functions encompassing legal calendar management, monitoring federal register, court and trade related websites for case-relevant data and general information relevant to the International Trade practice group. Submission of court pleadings through electronic database filing systems. Manage and maintain electronic litigation document systems.
- Perform computerized and library research to obtain and gather case-relevant data and materials.
3+ years prior litigation experience
How To Apply: Please respond with your resume for consideration. We welcome all candidates that meet the REQUIRED qualifications with recent relevant experience. Palmer Legal Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
About Us: Palmer is an award-winning staffing agency offering direct hire, temp-to-hire, and temporary placements for administrative, management, executive, legal and more. We represent more than 500 of the finest law firms and legal departments in the DC area.
Palmer Google reviews = 4.7 stars, visit online to see what other Palmer candidates have to say about us. You are more than just a “number”!
Visit www.plsdc.com and view our job board, contact a recruiter, link to our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
Job Type: Full-time, Temporary