Now Hiring Service Technicians - Home Daily!
The Service Technician is responsible for the safe delivery, repair and installation of propane and appliances all while delivering exceptional customer service.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Drives a service truck with a crane and boom attached to deliver, install, and remove tanks of various sizes at customer locations.
- Complete field repairs of tank valves and seals; finds and repairs leaks at customer site.
- Installs and services customer and company equipment.
- Performs all daily functions in a safe manner.
- Maintains excellent customer relations by providing courteous, professional and timely service.
- Responsible for providing emergency response and system installation and testing.
- Available to work an “on call” schedule to cover any off hour customer emergencies.
- Position may require working evening hours and weekends as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least two (2) years related experience, propane industry preferred.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must possess a valid Class A or B CDL.
- Must have valid Hazardous Materials, Airbrakes and Tanker endorsements.
- Gas piping experience is highly preferred.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions.
- Employees are eligible for our 401(K) program on their date of hire. A variety of investment funds make it easy for employees to create a personalized plan that works for them.
- As an originally family-run business, we understand the importance of having time to spend with your family. ThompsonGas provides eligible employees with vacation time, additional sick time and six paid holidays each calendar year.
- We offer comprehensive and affordable health, dental, and vision plans to meet the needs of our employees and their families starting their date of hire. Additionally, employees are able to save a portion of their paycheck in a pre-tax Health Spending Account (HSA) to use for eligible health care expenses. All eligible employees are automatically enrolled in employer-paid Short-Term disability coverage. Eligible employees will also receive $25,000 of Life/AD&D coverage. ThompsonGas pays for 100% of these benefits.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee, Family, and Friends Gas Discount
- Employee Referral Program
- Incentive Pay Program
ThompsonGas provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ThompsonGas complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.