JOB TITLE: Logistics Solutions Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Logistics Solutions
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: To ensure the customer is always serviced first by focusing on Ward Corporate Cultural Beliefs. Responsibility to grow quality and profitable business within areas of excess lane capacity. To be a well-trained provider of LTL and Vertical Solution segment business to targeted customers in order to meet company’s growth and operating income goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Service the customer.
- Through personal contact, understand key decision makers and customer supply chain needs. Consistent collaboration with assigned accounts as well as to the Operations team ensuring customer needs and expectations are met.
- Keep Operations team informed about service failures through New, Lost and At-Risk Business Report.
- Communicate customer requirements and freight characteristics concisely to all departments and other service centers.
- Have a complete understanding of the competitive arena within each customer as well as negotiate market pricing that will drive profitable growth within each account.
- Support both Inside Logistics Solution Managers and Operational efforts within the Regional Service Center as well as Service Centers in the Ward Transport & Logistics direct footprint through participation in Business Development Strategies (BDS)
2. Attain overall revenue goals:
- Attain revenue in targeted zones/products as outlined through the local Service Center Business Development System. This includes attainment of individual Outbound, Inbound, Ward Nation and Vertical Solution Segmented growth (Dedicated, Brokerage, Expedited, Warehousing, Transportation Management Software & Ward Logistics) within and outside the specific Regional Service Center.
3. Effectively plan and report sales activity:
- Actively work the Master Call Cycle Planner primarily selling existing capacity within targeted grids, zones and line-haul lane needs.
- Effectively utilize time by planning and scheduling appointments with customers and by completing tasks to meet set deadlines.
- Actively participate in the monthly Service Center Business Development meeting and follow up accordingly on assigned action steps.
- Keep accurate, organized client files.
- Ability to review excel formatted reports to identify weekly/monthly account trends.
- Meet minimum standards with respect to sales calls, lunches and evening/weekend entertainment.
- Report new, lost and at-risk business on a weekly basis.
4. Supplement selling practices using tools within the Ward Way Selling System to grow
Profitable business segments:
- Actively support current marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate and support Corporate Account Executives with defined Corporate Account locations within your specific territory.
- Develop/foster Driver Soft Selling program by encouraging driver sales leads, driver meeting collaboration and riding with drivers in targeted areas.
- Possess working knowledge of local Business Development Strategy to sell capacity needs within the service center.
- Effectively negotiate contracts prior to the expiration of the contract.
- Possess knowledge of competitors’ offerings to effectively sell Ward’s strengths.
- Pursue personal development opportunities and encourage others along the same path.
- Possess knowledge and uncover opportunities to sell Ward’s integrated services.