Trans-Tel is a leading provider of advanced technology solutions across the federal, state, municipal, commercial, and petrochemical refinery markets. Our customer focused approach and 40 years of core IT infrastructure and telecommunications expertise enables us to design, engineer, install, manage, and sustain integrated solutions that respond directly to the needs of our customers. Our longstanding commitment to quality is proven across decades of on-time and on-budget past performance.
We are currently seeking a Low Voltage Technician for our Norman, Oklahoma location. This position will be responsible for OSP/ISP installations.
Essential job duties include:
- Should be knowledgeable in cabling infrastructure for OSP/ISP installations.
- OSP Copper/Fiber/Maxcell/Innerduct installation through new and existing manholes.
- Structured cable installation (ISP/OSP), to include pulling, terminating, labeling, testing, and documentation (Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a) for customer and user ends.
- Pathway installation. Cable tray, ladder rack, J-hooks, etc...
- Build communication cabinets, racks, and other communication enclosures.
- Takes direction from Site Manager
- Must be able to work as a team player (working with multiple crews on a project).
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Accurate reporting of hours and production to the Site Manager DAILY
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Communicates effectively with technical and supervisory personnel.
- Works as part of a team to assist in the installation of fiber optics and copper cable.
- Be available to travel 10-20% and adhere to the schedule published by the Site Manager.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, walk, lift overhead, work at heights, walk/work in rough terrain in order to access equipment, tools, materials, and jobsite in order to complete work. Must be able to lift 70 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity are necessary
- Enforces company and customer safety rules, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Supports, complies with, and participates in HSE Program.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- High School Diploma
- Low-Voltage, Security, CCTV Experience Preferred
- BICSI Certification a Plus
- Must have a current, valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance if needed.
- Hiring is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Low-Voltage Copper and/or Fiber Experience Preferred, BICSI Certification a plus.