Staff Engineer - machining and tooling
Manage assigned industry managed programs for task groups; develop checklists and state of the art consensus qualification procedures; recruit qualified auditors, schedule pilot audits of suppliers using available and contracted resources; publish audit/survey reports working through committee structure and due process to serve industry, government and society. Support implementation of company strategy and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage technical audit report generation/assessment with strict confidentiality and compliance with procedural and regulatory requirements; conduct technical audits as required; review/update audit reports; follow up and close non-conformances; ensure effective closure of audit reports for timely issuance of certificates solving conformance issues; provide technical summary reports to the assigned task group; provide required alerts in eAuditNet.
- Manage assigned personnel including consultants (technical auditors and reviewers).
- Motivate and guide Industry Managed Committee and/or Task Groups activities in developing standards, manuals, and reviewing audit reports including planning; recruiting qualified technical volunteers; monitoring/managing results.
- Develop and Manage budgets of assigned activities.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required, may also accept a degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Chemistry or related field.
- 5 years technical experience in conventional machining - holemaking, broaching, turning, milling, grinding and edge treatment.
- Professional Engineer / Member of professional body, preferred
- 5 years experience in Quality Systems, preferred
- 5 years experience working with technical industry standards, preferred
- Auditing experience / knowledge of Quality Management Systems, preferred.
- 5 years experience in the Aerospace Industry required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- bility to operate a Computer, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Technical knowledge of appropriate materials science/engineering disciplines/methods.