Our growing company is seeking to hire an Electromechanical Maintenance technician at our Neillsville, WI facility. The ideal candidate is an expert trouble shooter and equipment repair person for all types of plant/production electrical and mechanical equipment. This level of work requires education and experience with all types of electrical and mechanical service skills; teaches and/or advises others about how or what to do to make repair; works from complicated drawings and specifications; and uses a variety of precision measuring instruments for exacting measurements.
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, including:
- Diagnoses mechanical and electrical problems and makes necessary repairs.
- Repairs or upgrades equipment for improved operations.
- Assists others to insure equipment is properly maintained.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Reads blueprints.
Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 9 years in a row. That recognition isn’t handed out without a lot of hard work and dedication from the 3,000 employee shareholders at MEC. Did we say shareholders? YES! MEC is an employee-owned company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 19 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in eight states
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
- Apprenticeship, associate’s degree (A.A.), or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with emphasis in electrical training, or equivalent training, plus 3 to 5 years' experience is required,, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read an dinterpret documents, such as safety rules, operating an dmaintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively with other employees.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamnetals of plan and solid geometry and trigonometry; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, feel, or use fine manipulation; reach with hands and arms; and hear. Employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or croch. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of the job, employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Come explore all of the opportunities MEC has to offer. We would love to hear from you! If you are interested in a position with MEC, please apply online at www.mecinc.com/careers.