|JOB TITLE:||Maintenance Manager||JOB LOCATION:||Kodiak, AK|
|STATUS: ||Seasonal / Non-exempt||REPORTS TO:||Plant Manager|
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the daily maintenance and mechanical needs of the Kodiak facility to ensure optimal performance. Qualified candidates must be a diligent self-motivated individual with strong inter-personal skills and possess a high level of safety awareness, and mechanical aptitude with the ability to independently exercise sound decision-making
- Work closely with department managers to delegate on-site maintenance tasks.
- Ensure departments maintain and accurately update all maintenance records for equipment on site. Work with departments to establish a maintenance schedule for all plant equipment, including a checklist for PM.
- Delegate crew to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and plumbing problems as they occur.
- Work with Safety Manager to properly train maintenance crew on safe handling of equipment.
- Oversee and document maintenance work orders in accordance with regulatory compliance.
- Research parts and submit purchase requests in a timely and organized manner.
- Coach, train and develop team members. Provide oversight and monitor personnel performance.
- Collaborate with the department managers in evaluating current processes and ideas for future improvements.
- Prompt, reliable and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, 12 or more hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Must be willing and able to work with other departments in a team atmosphere as time allows.
- Must be willing and able to live and work in confined quarters in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must always be professional and represent OBI Seafoods with the highest standards.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ year previous mechanical, electrical, plumbing, welding and carpentry experience is required.
- Food processing facility experience preferred.
- Previous experience operating forklifts and backhoes is required.
- Intermediate computers skills including email, Microsoft office.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be self-motivated and work well either independently, or with a team.
- Participate in hiring of maintenance crew by department.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
- Maintain a positive and motivating attitude during difficult situations.
- Understand and support Icicle policies and practices.
- Must relocate to Alaska.
- Pay rate depends on experience. This is an hourly position that is eligible for overtime pay. In Alaska, overtime is one and one-half times the regular hourly rate and is paid for hours worked over 8 hours in a day and after 40 hours are worked in a week.
- Room and Board included.
- Excellent benefits available, including medical, dental, prescription, vision plans, and 401(k) retirement plan.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness, and/or noise.
• Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
• Position requires the ability to stand, sit at a desk, walking around office and plant, lifting, and carrying packages up to 50 pounds, utilizing fine dexterity. Requires reaching, kneeling, crawling, and twisting to inspect equipment. Also requires the ability to see, Hear, and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
• Personal protective equipment, as defined by OBI Seafoods, will be provided.
• Position will be exposed to different levels of stress and responsibilities. Expectations:
• Will demonstrate, promote, and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth. This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties, and training as assigned.
OBI Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer and provides for the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of women, handicapped persons, Disabled, Veterans, and members of all ethnic minority groups in all areas of work.
OBI Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/VETS/DISABILITY