30+ days ago
40 Hours - Day Shift
UG2 is one of the fastest growing, privately held facility services organizations in the United States. With offices in Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, New York City, and San Francisco, UG2’s mission is to be the preeminent provider of comprehensive facilities services solutions. UG2 is focused on providing unparalleled solutions and services to its clients in the commercial, corporate, education, retail, public venue, healthcare, life science and industrial markets.
UG2 is looking for a Maintenance Technician to work in Boston Massachusetts. The Maintenance Technician will perform duties necessary to maintain appearance, cleanliness, safety, repairs and general upkeep of the property, including the buildings, amenities, common area, and grounds. The Maintenance Technician should be a strong communicator and able to manage daily interactions with customers, security, housekeeping, management and vendors. Operation of a variety of hand tools and equipment will be required. The Maintenance Technician must be able to perform HVAC preventative maintenance, respond to service calls, perform minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry work. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for other ad hoc duties and projects as they arise.
Additionally, he or she will assist with repairs to tile, doors, concrete, parking lot and curbs, paint & patch walls, roof patch, move furniture, assist with grounds & housekeeping, and other work as required. He or she will assist with set up and take down for special events and promotions. This role requires the Maintenance Technician be able to work efficiently and effectively with outside contractors/vendors to make repairs and troubleshoot issues that may arise.
· Three to five years of working knowledge of all aspects of maintenance and repair.
· Basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and carpentry experience and knowledge.
· The ability to maintain the physical condition of the facility according to company operating and safety standards and ensure that service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner.
· A valid driver's license.
· Customer service orientated with a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
· Available some weekends and holidays and rotation of on-call responsibilities for afterhours emergencies.
· Maintenance Technician must be comfortable with use of aerial lift equipment.
· Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
Local candidates preferred
This position is part of a Collective Bargaining Agreement (Union)
Local Candidates Only