Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
**This position is a graveyard shift starting at 10:00pm**
Position is responsible for ensuring equipment integrity and timely repair.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a goal of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
• Analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary to make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues).
• Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on production machinery and facility support equipment.
• Inspect, operate and test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and validate work performed.
• Ensure safety by following all company policies including safety rules, procedures and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), personal safety standards, food safety standards as well as OSHA standards.
• Troubleshoot equipment as well as plant electrical/mechanical systems and develop sustainable solutions accordingly.
• Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted. Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work orders, detailed logs and have good communication skills across all groups/departments.
• Assist with equipment change overs and line startups, troubleshooting issues as needed.
• Identify required parts, maintain current inventories and parts reorder lists.
• Assure that all products are manufactured to the highest standard of quality.
• Participates in Continuous Improvement, also provides suggestions to improve processes and participates on team projects.
• Continue to grow maintenance and leadership skillsets through assigned training.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
• Must possess basic computer skills to process work orders and associated maintenance documentation.
• Able to understand basic principles of robotics (Identify axis, operation,)
• Able to develop equipment competencies in at least three functional areas of the bakery within 500 days of hire.
• Able to read and interpret electrical prints, schematics, diagrams, etc.
• Able to train and teach Electrical (AC) skills (Up to 480VAC circuits) (Single and 3 phase), and Mechanical skills.
• Able to troubleshoot, maintain and repair Steam/Humidification circuits, PLC components, operation of chillers, servomotors, electromechanical systems, pumps, electrical motors, combustion systems, pumps, bearings, seals, gaskets, compressed air systems, basic plumbing/piping, boilers, gearboxes, sprockets/chains, belts, crutches, brakes, power transmission, replace and program VFDs.
• Able to use all power tools, hand tools, drill presses, shop tools, etc.
• Able to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, procedure manuals and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Able to work from drawings, schematics, sketches and through verbal communication.
• Able to work independently as well as in a team environment on assigned projects/ tasks and report to supervision the status of each as needed.
• Must be able to work shift schedules plus overtime as dictated by the needs of the business, including weekends and holidays.
• Able to demonstrate practical problem-solving skills.
• Able to collaborate with team members.
• Able to develop Maintenance skills through assigned training.
• Able to learn and apply the principles of the BBU Maintenance and Manufacturing Standards, including lean tools, concept of continuous improvement, Reliability, process capability and operational discipline.
• Able to identify and record department KPI data.