Building our Future Together. FXI is a leading producer of foam innovation in the Bedding, Furniture, Industrial, Home & Office, Healthcare, and Transportation markets. We have made it our mission to provide tailored solutions that delight our customers and consumers. With our corporate headquarters, high-tech research and development facility, and multiple manufacturing locations in North America, FXI has built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Our products include finished goods, sub-assemblies, services, and raw materials for OEMs, fabricators, and retailers. You will find FXIâ€™s foam innovations inside, around, and under yourself in countless applications. Everywhere foam goes, FXIâ€™s innovations lead the way! Wonâ€™t you join us?
Maintenance Technician - Portland Oregon
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to support our Terrell, TX plant. This individual will perform maintenance, troubleshooting, installation and repair of all plant machinery, equipment, building and grounds.
- Performs routine maintenance of systems based on machine PM requirements.
- Maintains an accurate record of all PM activities
- Reads mechanical drawings for layout work.
- Cuts and fits threaded pipe.
- Welds steel and stainless steel using MIG, TIG, or Stick.
- Reads and understands basic electrical wiring schematics.
- Uses voltmeter and amp meter to perform electrical troubleshooting.
- Performs basic operations of all plant equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs pnuematic and hydraulic system components on plant equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs both electric and LPG/Gas forklift system components.
- Troubleshootes and repairs mechanical issues on plant equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks on all equipment.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to determine the root causes of equipment/operational issues to resolve quality and/or productivity issues.
- Identify and implement solutions to solve operational problems on equipment in support of Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Available for emergency repairs after hours.
- Follow 5S and safety policies and procedures.
- Others tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to use job-appropriate equipment.
- Proficiency in investigating, deducing and recommending corrective actionsfor mechanical, electrical, pnuematic and hydraulic systems required.
- Knowledge of PLC's; wiring and programming experience.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
- Work with high voltages and around moving equipment.
- Lift 50 lbs from floor, bend, twist, climb, crawl.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Attention to detail and good math skills required.
- Must be able to pass a Pulmonary Function test.
- Pass post offer drug screen and physical.
We offer a competitive rate and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short and long term disability protection, a 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts.
FXI is an EEO employer