Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift
Bowling Green, KY
Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Must have experience in blueprint and electrical schematic reading.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all automated conveyor systems, electrical, and mechanical.
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials.
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components – photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), and encoders.
- Repairs and/or replace automated machinery and equipment such as programmable controllers.
- Must be able to perform PMIs on many various types of equipment and document findings.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment including distribution center racking.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- Expected to inventory, track, and ensure proper storage of all spare parts/tools used.
- Expected to safely and proficiently operate powered industrial equipment including forklifts, cherry pickers, electric pallet jacks, etc…
- Ensures work areas are maintained and cleaned daily including maintenance shop.
- Supports all company safety procedures and encourages all fellow associates to do the same.
- Ensures that all assignments are completed in a consistent and high quality manner.
- Understands that in our team environment, candidate could be asked, on occasion, to support other job functions on their shift.
- Work in an efficient manner to help ensure that the team reaches productivity goals.
- Flexible with work hours/days.
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric.
- QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 year technical degree in a maintenance or engineering related field 12 to 24 months conveyor maintenance, distribution center/fulfillment center maintenance, or manufacturing maintenance experience required.
- Required: 12 months minimum conveyor maintenance, distribution center/fulfillment center maintenance, or manufacturing maintenance experience.
- In order to ensure service levels, it is essential that the individual in this role be able to work a regular and reliable schedule as provided by management.
- It is essential that the duties of this role be performed on-site at ShopHQ’s facility.
Maintenance Lead> Maintenance Supervisor> Maintenance Manager
ShopHQ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of sex/gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, or other protected characteristics as defined by state, federal, or local law.
The individual in this role must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation. In the event that an applicant or employee wishes to seek a reasonable accommodation, please contact ShopHQ’s Human Resources department for further direction.
This job description is intended to convey the general nature and scope of the position and not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed, and ShopHQ management reserves the right to amend the duties and responsibilities of this role at any time to meet business needs.