6 days ago
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance, repair, and upkeeps of facilities, equipment, and furnishings.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Maintains assigned area of the facility.
* Assists in the maintenance and emergency repairs on heating and air conditioning systems.
* Repairs plumbing on an emergency basis throughout the facility.
* Repairs roofs and replaces floor and ceiling tiles.
* Performs preventative maintenance including fire extinguisher maintenance on equipment throughout the facility.
* Maintains interior and exterior walls and surfaces by painting, plastering, and/or general repairing.
* Ensures proper working condition of doors and windows; makes emergency repairs as necessary.
* Performs minor carpentry and other construction work as necessary.
* Responds to maintenance emergencies.
* Moves and assembles furniture.
* Assists with estimating, material takeoffs, project specifications and maintaining files of specifications, blueprints, and diagrams generated from field investigation.
* Inspects buildings, facilities, and equipment to ascertain needed repairs; makes or recommends repairs or alterations as needed.
* Prepares interior and exterior hand railings by washing, scraping, or sanding.
* Ensures a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within scope of responsibility.
* Assists with set-ups of furniture and equipment for events on and off the casino site.
* Assists skilled trades as needed.
* Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
FOUR STAR AND FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE COMMITMENT
All Team Members will display a Forbes Travel Guide Four Star and AAA Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Viejas Casino & Resort.
* Interacts with internal and external guests with a positive attitude and professionalism at all times.
* Does not provide supervision to others.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Knowledge and proper use and maintenance of hand and power tools related to job functions.
* Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
* California driver’s license required.
* Experience working with heating, air-conditioning, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and/or related building trades.