The Mammography Technologist, under direct supervision, performs specialized examinations of the breast to help in the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease in women patients for our client facilities. Mammography Technologist may perform screening exams or diagnostic exams.
Why Solis Mammography?
- Our Mammography Technologists typically work regular business hours Monday through Friday
- Receive competitive pay with full benefits and shift differential pay for evenings and weekends (if needed)
- Four weeks of paid time off annually upon hire + accrue additional time-off based on tenure
- In addition to 20 days of PTO, you’re eligible for eight paid holidays every year.
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- 401K with a company match and an employee friendly vesting period
Your medical benefits as a full-time Solis team member, will start on day one!
RESULTS MEASURED BY THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands, promotes and demonstrates the Solis Way
- Ability to effectively communicate to patients the procedures and educate women about the role of regular mammography in preventative breast health;
- Ability to effectively communicate on an individual and small group basis to doctors, patients, and other employees;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes complicated, written or oral instructions;
- Must maintain patient-first focus at all times and exhibit outstanding customer service skills;
Consistently practice excellent mammography positioning and exposure technique; Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- The Mammography Technologist is expected to practice safe procedures and adheres to radiation safety measures under the supervision of the Radiology supervisor or the Radiologist. Specific duties may include but are not limited to:
- Complete patient education regarding the exam
- Promote privacy for the patient
- Promote comfort for the patient
- Perform screening mammogram as ordered
- Prepares for and assists the Radiologist in the completion of intricate mammography examinations, including breast biopsies.
- Produce high-quality films for the radiologist to evaluate
- Complete appropriate documentation
- Perform quality control functions related to mammography
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of statistical data
- Follow infection control and safety guidelines
- Education: Completion of a two year approved School of Radiologic Technology
- Experience: One-year full-time experience as a Mammography Technologist with documentation of clinical experience and 3D required
- Licensure: Valid state radiology registration as required by state law
- Certification: Registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology
- Current CPR/BLS Certification
- Continuing Education: MQSA/FDA- 15 CEU’s every 3 years, 200-documented case numbers every 2 years.
- Knowledge of database software, eRad, Sectra RIS/PACS software is preferred;
- Needs to be able to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend medical terminology;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Prior quality control experience preferred
Employment Type: Full Time