LUMA - Built for Puerto Rico
We rely on electricity every day. We need it to run our appliances, power the streetlights and produce the goods and services that drive our economy. At LUMA we are committed to provide Puerto Rico with electricity that we all can depend on. At LUMA, we put people first — our employees, our customers and the communities where we live and work. We encourage and inspire our people to embrace opportunities as they work to build an electricity system that will make Puerto Rico a better place. If you're looking for a career where you can make a tangible difference in the lives of your neighbors and your community, LUMA is the place for you. LUMA offers new jobs designed to respond to the current and future needs of the T&D system. Together we're transforming the island's electric transmission and distribution system, and energizing Puerto Rico. Please note that these new jobs with LUMA offer different terms and conditions of employment to those currently in place with PREPA. We will schedule interviews with all qualified PREPA candidates. All PREPA applicants will receive priority in hiring and a compensation package equal to or better than what they receive today. In order to receive notifications as additional positions and locations are posted, please create a profile on our career site.
About the Position
The Manager of Accounting Services is responsible to maintain all financial ledgers, accounts payable, payroll, account reconciliations, intercompany transactions, corporate cost allocations, period end adjustments and closing of the books, and to provide accounting support to Finance and Operational teams on complex accounting issues. This role is responsible for providing direction to and leading teams in the Accounts Payable, Payroll, Customer Accounting and General Accounting departments and ensuring strategic alignment amongst these groups.
What will you get up to everyday?
- Generate, review, and analyze various financial information, reconciliations, determines fluctuations, identifies any risks or potential opportunities, and communicates to Controller or other appropriate management team member. Execute special projects
- Provide leadership to employees of the department by assigning and directing work, recruiting, setting up goals, conducting performance appraisal and professional development of the staff and supervisors
- Assist the Financial Reporting group with the monthly and quarterly binders to be distributed to the management team
- Maintain all Oracle financial ledgers including governance of the Oracle Chart of Accounts
- Provide complex accounting services including research on policy choices, preparation of position papers and booking for complex accounting entries
- Validation and processing of intercompany transaction and corporate and common costs including ensuring proper allocation of costs across departments
- Month end close process including validating actuals, reconciling accounts, reviewing results with the business, and posting of period end adjustments
- Timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and payments including employee reimbursements
- Generate over ad hoc reports for Executive Management and all other Departments
- Responsible for ensuring internal controls and accounting policies for their area and up to date and are being adhered to. Liaises with Internal Audit and external auditors as required
- Assist the Treasury function in preparation of schedules and reports for Bank requests (i.e. credit rating support requests). Provides litigation support to the Legal Department, performs depositions as needed.
- Continuously work on improving the transaction process. Prepare new procedures, revise existing procedures, processes or reports and roll-out to the corporate departments and operating units
- Proficient in Spanish language with the ability to read, write and speak
- Spoken and written English fluency will be considered an asset
- Proficientand knowledgeable with computer programs and applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Google Docs, and SharePoint
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to perform complex calculations, understand accounting impact and implications of transactions and perform complex reconciliations of large volumes of data
- Strong organizational skills required to manage multiple, concurrent tasks
- Ability to quickly learn new systems technology, multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic environment in order to meet strict deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and effectively interact with other accounting and non-accounting departments to achieve shared goals with a focus on customer service excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform major storm restoration work and associated drills as assigned
- Follow all policies and procedures
Yes – current department of 30+ professionals
What We are Hoping You Bring to LUMA
LUMA's culture is rooted in the concept of People First, Safety Always. We want your knowledge and expertise to pair with LUMA's globally recognized experts in numerous fields such as customer service, field workforce development, high-voltage transmission engineering, distributed energy resources and mini/micro grid integration. Our employees receive substantial training and development, as well as opportunities for advancement and success. Within our People First, Safety Always culture, we're committed to offering continuous learning opportunities and career-long support for our employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in a similar role with leadership responsibilities
- +9 years of experience working in a similar role.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
Percent of time: 10%
Overnight required: Yes
- Stationary Position - Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling/Reaching - Frequently
- Climb - Seldom
- Kneel - Seldom
- Grab - Seldom
- Bend - Seldom
- Lift/carry over - 10 - 30 LBS
- Vision - Vision acuity to operate vehicle
- Hearing - Receive detailed information if spoken to
- Wet or Humid - N/A
- Working near or on moving mechanical parts - N/A
- Working near or on heavy machinery - N/A
- Working in high places - N/A
- Exposed to fumes or airborne particles - N/A
- Exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals - N/A
- Frequency of working in outdoor weather conditions - N/A
- Work with Electricity - N/A
- Work with explosives - N/A
- Work on or near a source of radiation - N/A
- Loud noise conditions (above 87dB)- N/A
- Other Environmental Factors including weather conditions__None____________________
We are looking forward to seeing your application!
You made it to the end of the job posting! Thank you for expressing interest in LUMA and taking the time to read all the details of this position. We encourage you to apply and give us the opportunity to get to know you better through the recruitment process. Together, we're energizing the people of Puerto Rico.
Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, working conditions, physical demands, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. LUMA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.