Manager, Clinical Services
Decatur, IL, US
5 days ago
Plans and coordinates program development under the direction of the Director. Develops, plans and analyzes current nursing and rehab processes using evidence based criteria to improve patient care and quality outcomes. Responsible for day to day operations of the clinical team and provides clinical leadership for staff. Maintains 24 hr accountability and responsibility for patient care provided by the team. Promotes staff development and education.
- BSN required. MSN preferred
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of IL.
- Certification in a home health related field preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must possess a valid IL driver's license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MH fleet safety policy
- Minimum of 3-5 years of home health supervisory experienced required. 3-5 years supervisory experience in a related healthcare environment coupled with two years home health RN experience would also be considered
- Understands federal and state regulations pertaining to Home Health, Medicare certification, Joint Commission standards and Improvement standards for patient care services.
- Administrative pager as assigned.
- Personal and Professional Growth:
- Demonstrates responsibility for own personal and professional growth as reflected in ongoing education and projects and annual professional development plan.
- Empowers self and staff to enhance patient-focused nursing care and quality patient outcomes as reflected in patient satisfaction and quality improvement efforts.
- Fosters an environment which focuses on values, professionalism and accountability, where staff and management see each other as partners in the decision making process.
- Acts as a role model and works to encourage and develop future nursing leaders.
- Member of Professional Advisory Committee.
- Clinical Knowledge:
- Maintains an understanding of the Home Care primary patient populations and their care needs/requirements.
- Maintains a sound knowledge base of current trends and developments in nursing practice in order to lead changes to improve patient care delivery.
- Collaborative Practice:
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to collaborate with peers and staff.
- Shows commitment to the development of intra-departmental and inter-departmental collaboration for improvement of patient care, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops working relationships with the Health System management team and other departments such as Organization Development that encourage problem solving on all levels.
- Community Involvement:
- Involves self with professional organizations and community health-related services and agencies.
- Ongoing participation in Memorial Health System's Leadership Development Institute.
- Accrediting, licensure, and governance.
- Conducts readiness activities, for licensure and accreditation surveys.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and standards.
- Oversee the development and completion of survey action plans for MHSvc NFP.
- Prepares reports for management meetings, Advisory Board, and other entities as requested.
- Facilitates a work climate conducive to open, honest communication and incorporates an effective communication process to ensure staff are kept up to date on key changes/issues affecting their work processes.
- Demonstrates a communication style which is supportive and non-threatening, thus providing an environment that allows for open expression of ideas and problem solving.
- Attends Department Managers' meetings and relays pertinent information to staff.
- Is accountable for recruitment, interviewing, selection and retention of staff.
- Is accountable for staff performance monitoring/feedback/appraisal, including field supervisory visits, and initiating corrective/disciplinary action as necessary, in accordance with Memorial Home Service's policies.
- Holds regular staff meetings in order to facilitate communication of organizational imperatives/changes as well as other issues.
- Encourages staff to identify personal and professional growth needs and facilitates appropriate opportunities for that growth.
- Maintains a climate which provides ongoing appreciation and recognition of achievements.
- Assists in the development of and supports programs/initiatives that promote recruitment/retention and satisfaction of staff members.
- Budget Preparation:
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget for areas of responsibility.
- Identifies capital equipment items needed.
- Identifies and evaluates present and future staffing needs.
- Budget Monitoring:
- Review and analyzes productivity and staffing requirements.
- Research and analyze best practices to determine improvements and efficiency for patient care delivery.
- Educates staff regarding operation of the unit and fiscal responsibilities as it relates to LUPAs, productivity, case mix weight, HHRG scores, documenting medical necessity, and supplies.
- Maintains sound knowledge base of current trends and developments in health care related to reimbursement issues.
- Engages staff in developing annual goals consistent with MHSvcs strategic goals.
- Develops mechanisms with staff to fulfill goals and objectives.
- Reviews goals and plans of action with staff on a regular basis.
Performs other related work as required or requested