Manager Hotel Operations
MGM Resorts International
National Harbor, MD
It is the primary responsibility of the Front Office Manager to manage and oversee the operations of the front desk, resolve guest challenges by exceeding their expectations, and to ensure all activities performed within the department are in accordance with the company’s business objectives, budgetary guidelines, and established safety standards.
• Manage assigned operational functions consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, and the division.
• Monitor staffing levels and ensure effective use of labor while delivering required service. Manage P&L statements.
• Manage and monitor fiscal budget, operations and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long term profitability.
• Manage the delivery and measurement of service consistent with the company’s service standards and brand attributes.
• Manage Human Resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company and department policies, and legal requirements.
• Develop strategies that will improve the department and overall Hotel Operations.
• Provide input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure a competitive position and in anticipation of changing guest needs within the dynamic Hotel Industry.
• Monitor service delivery to guests in assigned areas. Interact with guests in the assigned areas to ensure satisfaction and to make them feel welcome and important. Ensure team is delivering exceptional guest services; implement measures to improve and reward guest service delivery.
• Answer questions or offer information utilizing extensive knowledge of MGM National Harbor and its offerings.
• Recommend changes in procedures and policies that may enhance or improve the delivery of service to customers.
• Address guest issues and employee concerns, resolving problems as they arise. Inform Manager Hotel Ops of any unusual events, circumstances, and prevalent/reoccurring problems.
• Foster an open environment that encourages growth and development through personal involvement, coaching and counseling.
• Ensure complaint resolution procedures are implemented.
• Other job related duties as requested
• Front Desk Lead Representative
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business Management, or related field, or equivalent work experience
• At least five (5) years of management experience
• At least three (3) years of front desk experience in a luxury hotel
• Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
• Working knowledge of Opera
• Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
• Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Technical knowledge of property management systems and of PC software (MS Word and Excel).
• Maintain professional behavior with guests, owners, and co-workers in challenging situations.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.