We have an opening for a Manager/Lead Associate, Inbound Logistics and Claims in our Princeton, NJ office.
This position will be responsible for all inbound shipping activities performed including shipments from DRL India (FTO and CTO sites), external manufacturing (CMO sites), external packaging sites (CPO sites) and internal domestic manufacturing (Shreveport site).Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Manage and ensure all inbound shipment details are maintained, tracked in a file & delivered to 3PLs & Copackers as soon as the shipments are released by FDA / USDA & US Customs and Border Patrol (USCBP).
- Manage and measure U.S. service providers for continuous performance and improvement with respect to India Team, CMO, CPO and Internal SOPs.
- Responsible for tracking and maintenance of invoices for all inbound shipments for Customs duty, Detentions, FDA fees and costs associated with shipments into US geography
- Responsible for all inbound carrier claims due to missing pallets of product, shortage, breakages, damages, quality, theft & burglary, accidents, and natural calamity related losses.
Manages all information from 3PL and carriers, to work with 3PL to validate or refute claim.
- Collaborates with DRL and 3PL QA teams for any deviations pertaining to short count, overage, temperature excursions, data logger information, etc. for all inbound shipments.
- Develop and implement error log tracking for all inbound errors and receipts, including tracking of notes, progress and individual assignments.
- Liaison with internal and external inbound logistics operating network for generation, receipt, and consolidation of all required inbound documentation for release of product at 3PLs to finished goods.
- Responsible for tracking and reviewing all inbound shipment pallet configuration and packaging errors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledAn Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Bachelor’s Degree – In Supply Chain Logistics preferred;
- 5+ years’ experience in inbound and outbound shipping logistics, customs and FDA clearance work, and controlled substances.
- Experience within inbound service provider insurance claims processing is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of Logistics and Shipping operations, inbound and outbound shipping logistics, customs and FDA clearance work, and GMP/GDP/GWP/cGMP/FDA/USCBP/Controlled Substances.
- Extensive working knowledge of logistics systems & logistics service providers.
- Accreditation in various logistics regulations is a MUST.
- Experience with Import / Export shipments and regulations.
- SAP experience & SAP ERP skills are PREFERRED.
- Transportation Management, Distribution Management, US Pharmaceutical product knowledge.
- Demonstrated data analysis & project planning PREFERRED.
- High level of skill and proficiency in Excel is a MUST.