Manager, Specimen Archive
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to join a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
NeoGenomics is looking for a Manager, Specimen Archive for our Carlsbad location who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
The Manager, Specimen Archive has the responsibility for the planning, coordinating evaluating, and supervising of all operational activities and staff for the Archive. Ensures that all activities are carried out efficiently and in accordance with proper procedure. This is a management position responsible for working with cross-functional teams. This position will drive process change, quality, and seek continuous improvement within the Specimen Archive. Will work closely with R&D, Pharma and Clinical Laboratories to ensure that our values are followed and departmental goals are attained.
- Supervises staff and daily operations of the Specimen Archive
- Collaborates with internal and external resources including R&D, Pharma and Clinical Laboratories to ensure consistent delivery of quality services and continuous quality improvement
- Builds, promotes, and develops a strong service culture and dedication to personalized service to ensure client satisfaction
- Ensures that employees are trained and compliant with SOP’s
- Ensures records are kept up-to-date and maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- Sets department objectives and performance goals; monitors personnel and resource utilization on an ongoing basis and makes adjustments in staffing to facilitate achievement of the goals and objectives
- Supervises and participates in management activities for the department; conducts interviews, hiring, motivating and training staff
- Conducts or guides supervisors in performance appraisals, documenting deficiencies, developing plans for improvement and counseling employees
- Monitors work performance to determine staff resources utilization; reviews monthly work statistics and budget reports; establishes work performance standards and adjusts staffing levels as needed
- Contributes to the development of internal systems which support the work of the assigned business functions; defines needs and coordinates the development of manual and/or automated systems to facilitate workflow; remains current on hardware and software capabilities and ensures employees are trained in the use of automated equipment or new programs
- Ensures that a safe working environment is maintained and that safe work practices are employed
- Maintains knowledge of CAP/CLIA requirements
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience preferred
Five (5) or more years’ experience supervising a clinical or academic laboratory. Familiarity with CLIA/CAP and FDA regulations preferred.
- Direct sales or customer service skills
- Ability to make sound decisions under stressful situations
- Demonstrated success in leading team members to reach goals and objectives
- Demonstrated success in meeting high performance standards with regard to work quality and quantity
- Ability to move and lift 50 pounds and maneuver packages of any weight above 50 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communication with all employees and clients
- Strong computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards
- Ability to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.