XPO Logistics Supply Chain Corporate Services
High Point, NC
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
The Manager, Sustainability, serves as a strategic advisor across the organization on environmental sustainability, providing guidance and analytical support in defining goals, targets and metrics, identifying strategies, developing projects and initiatives, and measuring and reporting progress. This role leads across departments in the development and management of new projects and initiatives that fall within specified program areas. Responsibilities vary by project and may include research, preparation of reports and presentations, and development of training resources, policies and procedures.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Lead carbon reduction strategy development for the supply chain, working with leads across business and corporate teams to drive the strategy roadmap and prioritize actions to accelerate our progress towards GXO's 2040 carbon goals
- Identify business investment priorities to scale carbon reduction and manage carbon targets with suppliers
- Lead carbon forecasting efforts in collaboration with the life cycle assessment teams, accruing to corporate goals
- Collaborate with sustainability teams across GXO to streamline and standardize communications, training and capability building, and implement effective communication and reporting plans
- Provide insights into best practices and improvement opportunities for environmental sustainability across the supply chain, report on progress and opportunities to the senior leadership team
- Research and implement global sustainability-related policies, regulations, and standards
- Successfully integrate within a broader organization of experienced and highly motivated compliance, human rights, and sustainability experts
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work or military experience
- 4 years of relevant experience in managing environmental sustainability programs with diverse stakeholders
- Strong experience in effectively designing and implementing programs requiring cross-group collaboration and implied authority
- Understanding of GHG protocol, carbon accounting, and related ISO standards such as ISO 14064
- Experience leading and influencing internal and external resources to ensure successful outcomes
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, Business or other related disciplines
- 7 or more years of relevant experience in managing environmental sustainability programs with diverse stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to drive change
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively at all levels in the organization
- Ability to drive in fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- A high level of enthusiasm, creativity, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and effectiveness as a team player
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.