Trade Marketing Manager
This position is located in Reston, VA
This is not remote work
US Citizenship or Green Card Holder - no sponsorship available
- The Trade Marketing Manager (TMM) is responsible for achieving sales objectives consistent with corporate volume, share, and profit targets. The TMM provides direction for field planning and execution against volume, distribution, pricing, merchandising, trade spending, and retail objectives. The TMM is the primary communication link between field sales and internal departments, including consumer marketing, supply chain, and finance. The TMM is responsible to act as an advocate for field sales to ensure that appropriate resources are available and communication channels are open to guarantee successful execution.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES –
- Achieve operating income, volume, share, and Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing and Shelving (MAPS) goals through effective communication with field sales.
- Strategic Planning - Provide strategic input, reflecting marketplace and customer requirements into the StarKist AOP (annual operating plan) process. The input should focus on trade marketing strategy/tactics and result in a final plan that can be executed with customers to achieve company objectives.
- Market/Customer Planning - Establish national priorities, objectives, and strategies to guide field sales development of market/customer plans that deliver StarKist objectives within defined corporate/brand strategies. The TMM is responsible for the review and approval of customer plans.
- Trade Spend Budgeting – Develop national funding rates for all product groups to ensure proper sales execution to meet corporate volume, share, and margin goals.
- Trade Spend Management- Manage all aspects of trade spending to ensure funds are effectively utilized in a fair and equitable manner consistent with promotional strategies to achieve merchandising objectives.
- Develop thorough knowledge of TPM/BI systems to effectively manage spending and sales objectives.
- Ensure StarKist new item and ongoing distribution assumptions, strategies, and tactics are financially sound, and have reasonable volume, share and % ACV headquarter and retail distribution objectives.
- Monitor execution of trade plan, communicate results, and make strategic recommendations.
- Conduct post-promotional analysis on a customer basis to assess the impact of promotions and make appropriate adjustments to refine and improve.
- Oversee the evaluation of all incremental spending requests and serve as the liaison with the appropriate cross functional groups to stimulate action on requests which are consistent with strategy.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and actionable communication concerning any request from Fields Sales and/or any initiative requiring action by field sales.
- Work closely with Finance to gain alignment on trade spending initiatives.
- Work closely with Consumer Marketing to develop and deploy corporate initiatives and budget processes relative to volume and consumption.
- Work closely with Supply Chain to arrive at consensus forecast / production needs to meet customer demand.
- Administration - Effectively manage administrative responsibilities including information requests, competitive intelligence, results tracking and analysis, forecasts, deduction management, etc.
- 5+ years of overall professional experience in CPG sales or related industry is desired
- BA/BS required / MBA preferred
- Broad knowledge and experience in Grocery trade gained at successive levels of responsibility in multiple areas of Headquarters and Retail Levels
- Knowledge of corporate policies and compliance
- Demonstrated prior success in achieving results using team driven philosophies
- Demonstrated proficiency in supporting corporate interest and ability to communicate and exercise very positive people skills.
If you have a disability and cannot apply online, please mail your resume and cover letter to:
225 North Shore Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
ATTN: Human Resources
Please note: this option is for individuals with disabilities only.
StarKist Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability