Manger - Public Relations
New York, NY
We are seeking a Public Relations Manager with a strong network of media contacts to help boost awareness of our corporate profile, while maintaining our image and credibility by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
· Develop and implement a public relations plan including strategy, goals, and tactics, aligned with requisite budget
· Devise new ideas for media pitches and announcements based on trends, breaking news and other relevant events
· Leverage media contacts to drive ongoing coverage, as well as high-profile placements, in print and online media
· Coordinate all public relations activities with internal stakeholders, partners, and clients.
· Work with PR agency to identify and create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
· Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results
· Evaluate paid opportunities for media exposure
· Promote Virtusa thought leaders to grow industry awareness of how Virtusa helps clients innovate
· Maintain deep understanding of industry trends impacting clients and devise strategy to communicate relevant Virtusa expertise
· Manage Virtusa relationship with PR agency to maximize ROI
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or a related discipline
· 5+ years working experience in B2B public relations required – corporate and/or agency
· Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Strong storytelling skills
· Strong relationships with business and industry media outlets
· Basic understanding of technology services business, including digital transformation and cloud services. Expertise in industry sectors where Virtusa plays is a plus: Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, Telecommunications, Media, Entertainment, Travel, Manufacturing, and Technology
· Must have an eye for detail
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently in a face-paced work environment
· Experience managing a budget and agency a plus
· Travel as required
About the company
Virtusa Corporation is a leading worldwide provider of digital transformation services that accelerates business outcomes for Global 2000 businesses in banking and financial services, insurance, healthcare/life sciences, and telecommunications, technology and media. With over 20,000 people and over 50 offices worldwide, we harness our deep design and engineering heritage to help global organizations tackle their toughest technology challenges. We help our clients identify strengths, uncover opportunities, and accelerate their path to digital transformation through the use of our Digital Transformation Studios (DTS).
We bring best in class digital engineering services to every engagement, with deep expertise in digital strategy and design; customer experience; analytics; mobile; cognitive/AI; full stack engineering, microservices, IoT; and cloud services.
About the Company
Virtusa is a leading worldwide provider of information technology (IT) consulting and outsourcing services. We help accelerate business outcomes for Global 2000 businesses in banking and financial services, insurance, healthcare, telecommunications and media.
Virtusa delivers targeted business outcomes through differentiated solutions by leveraging its proven platforming methodology, domain expertise and technology innovation. Virtusa’s operational excellence solutions allow businesses to improve business and operating efficiencies, and reduce costs using automation, effort compression and simplification. Virtusa’s digital transformation and innovation solutions empower companies to accelerate business growth by reimagining the consumer experience, and creating lasting value.
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Massachusetts, Virtusa has 50 offices across North America, Europe and Asia.