We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future. Responsibilities
- Development of manufacturing procedures, processing and tooling
- Implementation of process analysis and continuous improvement projects
- Interfaces with design engineering in the coordination of activities necessary for the release of new products
- Estimates manufacturing costs, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements for new or existing product lines
- Maintains records and reporting systems necessary for the coordination of manufacturing operations
- Full use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
- Works on problems of moderate scope and complexity, where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Works under supervision of more senior engineers
- Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, and overall adequacy and accuracy
- Interfacing with manufacturing, quality, and engineering as necessary
- Traveling to vendors required as necessary
- Willing to work a hands-on role on the shop floor
•Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, manufacturing or operations management.
•This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a "US Person" under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license). Preferred:
•Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering.
•Mechanically inclined with hands on mechanical experience working with machinery, products or machining.
•Strongly prefer exposure to lean/Six Sigma training (no certifications required).
•Familiar with lean techniques.
•Familiar with AS9100 quality system.
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proven analytical and root cause analysis capabilities, proven leadership skills.
•Leadership abilities including training and development, project management, and team management.
•Skill in Microsoft Office.
•Ability with 3D CAD software and CAD drawing a plus.
•Advanced problem solving ability.
•Understanding with ERP systems and inventory management principles.
•Strong interpersonal skills. Employment Transparency:
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here .
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here .
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.