Manufacturing - Materials Coordinator
Santa Clara, CA
Santa Clara, CA
30+ days ago
- Responsible for performing assigned duties ensuring compliance to established inventory control and safety policies, practices and procedures for the most efficient receiving, storage, movement and control of materials into, out of, between and within the company's facilities.
- May have full charge of an assigned stockroom or stockroom area.
- Maintains stock and storage areas in an orderly fashion.
- May load or unload material, equipment, merchandise or supplies from trucks or vehicles.
- May utilize small hand tools, proportional scales, and operate material handling equipment, including skids, pallet handlers, and hand trucks in the process of moving material in/out of loading area and within the storage facility.
- Assigned duties may require training and certification to operate fork-lift.
- Performs physical and administrative inventory control duties, such as receiving, storing and issuing raw materials, parts, subassemblies, supplies and equipment.
- Receives, sorts and counts goods.
- Checks against documentation for proper nomenclature, identification and quantity.
- Records receiving information.
- Keeps records of damaged or defective items and any other discrepancies to documentation (shortages).
- Identifies proper location for goods received and ensures accurate put away.
- Receives pulls and fills internal/external customer orders.
- Completes proper paperwork.
- May prepare kitting packages and perform kit audits.
- May reject damaged goods or materials, correspond with appropriate party and prepare documentation to adjust for damages or shortages.
- Verifies and maintains all supporting documentation.
- May physically transfer material, equipment, kits and supplies required for internal/external customers.
- Maintains free/floor stock and handles completed assemblies between work areas.
- Where necessary, locates and transfer parts within the facility.
- Verifies and maintains associated stock records, logs and other documentation.
- Interfaces with other functional areas in order to provide information on material status, such as stock balances, coordinate shortages, etc.
- May investigate shortages/out of balance conditions.
- Takes appropriate corrective action.
- Maintains necessary files and documentation.
- Analyzes reports, such as production schedules, production attainment, and/or stock inventory levels to provide information on slow moving, non-moving or excess inventory.
- Participates to develop/update policies, procedures, provide training information, and communicate workmanship and performance issues.
- May act, in area of assigned responsibility, as substitute for supervisor in his/her absence.