Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Manufacturing Transformation Production Supervisor will spend one year with the regional manufacturing transformation team supporting multiple bakeries. During transformation responsibilities will include projects to ensure bakeries are performing at the expected levels and utilizing all the standard tools and executing best practices. Training on tools and best practices will be required as well as the ability to travel as needed within the region.
At the end of the manufacturing transformation assignment, the Manufacturing Transformation Supervisor will transition to a plant Supervisor role within Manufacturing, Quality Maintenance or Supply Chain in a location to be determined. Transformation Leadership and HR will support finding potential locations so the manufacturing transformation supervisor can transition successfully. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for assisting with the activities of the Production Department and monitoring procedures and standards to achieve consistent high quality products produced in an efficient manner. Position also provides leadership for, and develops the abilities of the line employees in the production department.
Position has responsibility to ensure and maintain a food safe environment through compliance with all requirements in Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Quality, Workplace Safety, Process Management, Occupational Safety Health Act (OSHA), Environmental Standards and polices/programs as may be required by Plant, Company, Local, State and/or Federal mandates or programs.
- Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1.Ensuring that General safety and Food Safety are absolute priorities by setting an example to others
- Supervises, trains and coaches hourly lead and production associates
- Coordinates workflow with all other departments as well as equipment repair with maintenance
- Executes, maintains records for all phases of production relative to safety, food safety, key performance indicators, orders completion and personnel and/or labor related issues
- Implements Company and plant procedures and policies
- Ensures that Product Quality is an absolute priority utilizing process control, WinSPC and standard scoring processes
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of process control, the link to Quality and the need to manage based on facts and data
- Coordinates, maintains and monitors production processes and procedures
- May conduct in-house audits/checks and quality control checks
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the Food Safety and Quality systems.
- Manages the production process (time, temperature, procedures)
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other 3rd party audits.