MARKET/EQUITY RESEARCH ANALYST
We are a boutique market research firm that provides industry and investor clients with primary research on the mobile computing market. We measure, analyze, and predict smartphone, tablet and wearable sales. Through our published reports and advisory services, our clients gain valuable insights into the macro and micro trends in the mobile industry. We are a small and dynamic firm with offices in the Old Oakland district.
We rely upon on our Analysts to conduct primary qualitative research, analyze collected data, and write research reports. The analyst will help our organization provide our clients with timely, relevant, and actionable insights into the key mobile trends. The Analyst role is a fast-paced job that will require a candidate to think critically and quickly on their feet to meet the time-sensitive needs of our management and clients. Our Market Research Analyst will work both independently and as part of a team to produce data-centric reports and to understand the "why" behind the data. An ideal candidate will leverage a strong interest in understanding consumer behavior, as well as an affinity for mobile technology and possess 3-4 years of applicable experience or be a recent graduate.
- Conduct grass roots surveys to collect qualitative data about consumer demand from retailers across the US and Western Europe.
- Analyze and synthesize proprietary and third-party data to identify emerging trends.
- Provide written insights and commentary to help simplify and explain complex trends to our investor and industry clients.
- Monitor market news and commentary, and analyze macroeconomic and industry data to understand current and long term trends.
- Conduct due diligence via SEC filings, company press releases, industry trade publications, Wall Street research notes and quarterly company conference calls.
- A Bachelor's degree with a solid GPA from a reputable four-year institution.
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong desire to understand the forces that are driving the trends in the data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to listen closely to what’s being said and what’s not being said, and to pick up on non-verbal communication.
- Written and verbal communication skills sufficient to synthesize data into succinctly worded concepts.
- The capacity to quickly digest and synthesize substantial volumes of information.
- Strong attention to detail is critical to success in this role. A candidate should place a considerable importance on the quality of their work and ensure the small yet important details are not missed.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to work productively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage the workflow to produce deliverables. A candidate should work well with minimal supervision and take ownership to ensure project completion.
- A candidate must also be able to work as an effective, collaborative member within a small team environment. We all get our hands dirty and do whatever it takes to produce quality research.
- Comfort in Excel using data organization functions and pivot tables. Applicant should be familiar with short cuts and a general understanding of how Excel can manage large datasets.
- Work experience in consumer, market or financial research.
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e., not just a basic understanding, but a deep knowledge of how to manipulate, synthesize, and present complicated data sets) will be needed and utilized heavily in this role.
- Experience with complex modeling and data crunching systems; willingness to experiment with new technologies and systems.
- Experience with data visualization, especially Tableau.
We provide competitive compensation based on experience, a performance bonus (up to 25% of base), health insurance, 401K, and Commuter Benefit options.
Please be advised we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
Please forward a resume along with a cover letter expressing your interest in the position and how this opening fits your career goals. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.