At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
The Marketing Assistant reports to the Brand Manager, Corporate Brands, also known as Private Label and is based at our Livermore, CA location. The newly expanded Corporate Brands team is a key priority for TWG and integral to the growth of the company. This individual will be responsible for assisting the Brand Manager in delivering value for key strategic retailers/customers across the 4Ps of marketing: product, place, price, and promotion. The Marketing Assistant will provide support for the day-to-day needs of the Corporate Brands team and develop presentations for key customers. This person will have a strong grounding in CPG Marketing best practices, and successful track record of building alcoholic beverage and/or CPG brands.
- Creative Brand Marketer: Will direct graphic designers and vendors toward consumer needs. Intuitively “gets” brands and consumer motivations.
- Sales and Retailer Orientation: Create sales presentations with end user in mind. Key point person for point of sales materials development and management, including but not limited to creative, sourcing, pricing, and fulfillment coordination.
- Analytical Competency: Will analyze and track brand data and performance. Comfortable with data and knows how to pull key “nuggets” out of data for use in presentations. Will translate data into focused insights.
- Entrepreneurial Track Record and Competitive Drive: Will work in an entrepreneurial manner, with proven experience in an environment of resource limitations, cost control, prudent risk taking and limitless creativity. Will manage ambiguity and multiple priorities; conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, related field or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years prior experience in marketing, sales, advertising, promotions, digital media preferred
- Prior knowledge and/or experience with wine, spirits or consumer packaged goods preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite, and InDesign preferred
- Strong results orientation and project management skills, excelling at juggling a wide range of administrative and marketing support projects to meet project goals and timelines. Flexible when needs and priorities shift.
- Highly articulate and comfortable working with individuals at all levels of the organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; operates equally effectively in formal and informal settings and internally and externally. Well-honed influencing skills; courage to confidently express an independent point of view.
- Possess intellectual curiosity. Can connect “the dots” quickly and perceptively. Problem solves without a road map. Fascinated by emerging consumer trends and design. Enjoys challenging conventional wisdom.
- Have astuteness and Flexibility. Is pragmatic, adaptable and focused in a fast-paced environment. Adapts strategies and approach as new information and circumstances arise. Is resilient in the face of challenging obstacles. Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines.
- Shows passion, energy/endurance, intensity and excitement; is outcome/results focused and drives issues to closure. Resourceful and innovative (scrappy); always pushing to find new and better ways of working.
- Experience in Nielsen or IRI data preferred
- Position operates in a professional office environment
- Position includes travel to various industry and/or company events, up to 10% of the time
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. (a case of wine)
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.