Active Motif, Inc. is a privately held biotechnology company focused on supplying innovative kits and reagents and providing services for epigenetic life science, drug discovery, and diagnostic researchers.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Active Motif Marketing team. The Marketing Communications Specialist will work with the Marketing team to perform various activities related to marketing communications, including print and social media, email marketing, and tradeshow and event planning. The ideal candidate will be a team player but thrive in an independent environment. They will have demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent responsibilities and be able to adapt to rapid changes and a dynamic environment within a growing business.
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans for promotion and dissemination of marketing content across multiple different marketing channels.
- Maintain social media profiles and quality content on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Develop other relevant social media outlets to support and expand our digital presence.
- Train company employees on social media best practices and guide adoption of social media use within the organization.
- Manage print collateral layout design and print production.
- Develop and implement tradeshow and event strategy.
- Manage PR and press relations.
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of various communications (website, email, social media, blogs, etc.).
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing, preferably in a marketing communications role at a company in the biotechnology industry.
- Experience managing corporate social media accounts.
- Experience planning and managing events.
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous work experience in the biotechnology industry.
- Science background.
- Experience managing vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Experience training sales teams.
- Data driven and excited by analytics.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Interest in working at a growing, dynamic company and contributing to achieving aggressive revenue growth goals.
- Flexibility to work in all areas of marketing as needed.
- Highly effective at working independently.
- High level of personal motivation and strong work ethic.
- Deadline driven and committed to achieving goals.
- Able to be productive and satisfied working both on-site and remotely.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and accurate. Works well individually and within a team.