Please Check Junk/Spam Folders for Job Notifications
Beltway Brewing Company is a state-of-the-art brewery that helps breweries of all sizes reach the next level, whether through product development, or brewing and packaging services. In addition to helping craft breweries perfect recipes, reach a broader audience, and scale for distribution, our atmospheric taproom serves these (and our very own, award-winning) unique brews, providing a true haven for beer makers and beer lovers.
Beltway's Core Values are:
- Have a Passion for the Process
- Show Respect & Empathy to Everyone
- Keep an Open Mind & Learn Something New Each Day
- Collaborate for Success
- Exhibit Resiliency & Optimism in Adversity
- Be Honest & Act with Integrity
Come Join the Team!
The major duties of this job involve connecting quickly with people in a poised, convincing, and enthusiastic way. This job will entail working at an extremely fast pace, will require working cooperatively with and through people in order to complete tasks, and will be integral in motivating others. The job requires team or collaborative work within the organization and will be integral in bringing out the best in others. This job will require a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with and through people in the process. Understanding people well and using that understanding effectively in motivating and persuading others to act will be an important aspect of the job. It is important in this job for goals to be set and reached, and for tasks to be completed in a timely manner. Decisions will many times have to be made under pressure and will generally need the ideas and advice of others. Details will need to be handled quickly and accurately but will not be a repetitive part of the job. Many tasks in this job may entail selling or persuading others and/or may entail training others in some capacity. This job will involve controlling all aspects of tasks, from the initiation, through the process and through to completion.
The Marketing Coordinator is primarily responsible for overseeing the promotion of Beltway brands to wholesalers, retail outlets, and consumers, as well as the promotion of Beltway's contract brewing services
REPORTS TO/ ACCOUNTABILITY
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Demonstrates and drives Beltway culture
- Strong work ethic
- Takes initiative
- Driven to get things done
- Positive response to pressure
- Ability to work in an ever changing and fluid environment
- Effective communication with all stake holders
- Accomplish the established goals
- Must be passionate and highly knowledgeable about Craft Beer
- Keep abreast of developments and trends in the craft beer industry both nationally and locally
- Build brand awareness for Beltway beers and help foster demand for delivery and takeout in order to improve direct consumer sales and sales out at retail
- Work with Taproom Manager to capture in-brewery generated content (production action, team skits, etc.) and promote accordingly.
- Act as the main point of communication for media outlets – provide updates on beer releases, innovations, events, etc.
- Festivals/Special Events/tradeshows – reach out and connect with promoters and determine key events that Beltway should attend as either a vendor or a contract brewer. Build a budget and create annual/quarterly plans for attendance and event execution
- Build campaigns (social media, promotional, etc.) for current and future beer releases followed by detailed monitoring of these campaigns
- Manage budget and provide content to 3rd party advertisers for contract brewing capabilities and Beltway brand promotions across the Mid-Atlantic and beyond.
- Analyze sales and marketing performance tied to return on investment in order to make strategic branding and advertising decisions
- Collaborate with President and design firm on brand development, label decisions, product descriptions, and brand launches.
- Monitor industry style and brand trends for integration into Beltway brand development
- Act as social media lead for communications, consumer engagement/dialog, and ad boosting activities
- Monitor and maintain company website content and organization
- Work with Sales Manager to reach more contract clients via social media and advertising platforms
- Establish weekly schedule to help solicit previous customers and tell them about the new offerings and capabilities at Beltway
- Help design sell sheets for brand launches, including pilot system brews
- Support distributors with information and content to aid them in Beltway sales
- Learn the brewing process and brew pilot batches.
- Learn what operations and production does to gain insight into marketing development information and help craft materials for advertising
- Organize “Battle of the Brews” and other events with Operations and promote them through Beltway platforms
- Capture client brews images through the process and utilize as b-roll for Beltway content and promotion
- Review all marketing/advertising related invoices
- Capture spends and reporting for brand performance and ROI
- Monitor marketing budget
- Other duties as assigned
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Increase taproom sales from established baseline
- Increase of “likes” on Beltway social media postings
- Increase of Beltway's followers on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc. from established baseline
- Ability to perform tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to identify inefficient processes and bring them to the attention of the President
- Ability to work within budgets for assignments and responsibilities
- Minimal errors in documentation and data entry
- Identification of opportunity for cost savings and revenue increases
- Effective communication throughout organization, building awareness, understanding, buy-in, and development
- Promote Beltway culture internally and promote positive employee engagement
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to multi-task and to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with the major social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and their advertising and reporting tools
- Proficiency with Google Analytics
- Beer or alcohol related industry experience is strongly desired
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do' approach
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook at a minimum, more applications preferred)
All applicants are required to take the following Predictive Index Assessments:
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Manages Others: No
Age Requirement: 21+
Employee benefits include health, 401K, educational opportunities, over 2 weeks of PTO to start, beer samples, and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values, and mission.
Beltway is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Beltway Brewing retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
Job Type: Full-time