The Massage Therapist will contribute to the vision, mission and values of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation by providing massage therapy services under the direction of the Health & Wellness Director. This position serves as a vital role in engaging and retaining members and facilitating a safe and welcoming environment that inspires members to achieve their wellness goals.
- Provide massage therapy to clients to relieve discomfort and provide treatment for injuries, wellness maintenance or medical conditions
- Take detailed health histories from clients, including information about any injuries or conditions, in order to design and implement personalized treatment plans for individual clients that specify massage types, treatment areas and treatment frequency
- Display an understanding of the fundamentals of anatomy, physiology and recovery, as well as knowledge of current industry standards and trends in massage and recovery programming, including a variety of treatment modalities and techniques, engaging in ongoing professional development as needed
- Be a champion for member engagement through relationship building with both staff and members in order to grow and enhance massage therapy offerings
- Coordinate with facility and maintenance department to ensure the massage therapy room is a clean, well-maintained, and welcoming space for members and clients
- Work cooperatively with departmental and professional staff as well as other agency staff as part of the Health & Wellness team
- Adhere to all JCC and departmental policies
- Complete all additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Must maintain a current CPR/AED certification. Candidate must have logged a minimum of 500 hours of training from an accredited massage school and obtain required licensing from the state of Ohio. Preferred a minimum of 1 year of experience in this or a related field. The ideal candidate will display strong personal skills in organization and client management and administrative skills that include email and high written and oral communication abilities.