POSITION TITLE: Massage Therapist
DIRECT REPORT: Event and Amenities Manager
DEPARTMENT: Member Services
POSITION STATUS: Part-time, hourly position
COMPENSATION: Commission based
**Must be available Saturdays from 10am-3pm**
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: Responsible for providing a large diversified clientele with outstanding customer service by providing day-to-day spa and customer services to existing and potential clients to effect retention and productivity.
- Performs massage therapy and body services.
- Adheres to and follows treatment protocols and department standards.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of personal services performed and any revisions in procedures used.
- Knowledgeable and able to answer questions related to all spa services performed and products used.
- Achieves minimum booking % and hour requirements set forth by MVP Sports Clubs management.
- Utilize scheduling program to book and re-book clients.
- Utilize commission/payroll system to ensure commissions are paid accurately and on time.
- Maintains work area in a clean orderly fashion and adheres to state sanitation laws.
- Maintains all equipment, supplies and tools for performing services.
- Assist with clean up and towels throughout the day and at close.
- To keep a professional attitude and work ethic.
- Maintains service, client retention, retail sales, and rebooking goals as set by Spa Services Manager.
- Maintains and obtains the required client information cards and release statements.
- Attends all staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in all in department training classes (4-6 per year).
- Attend and participate in regular Service Game training sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain a neat and professional personal appearance, by wearing the MVP Sports Clubs uniform (see uniform matrix) and name badge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hold a current Florida Massage Therapist license.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must be able to stand 95% of work shift.
- Physical Requirements:Bend, stoop, crouch, climb, stand, sit and turn/pivot, lift/lower, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs.Perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, typing, and/or word processing, filing, calculating and use of telephone. See, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
BENEFITS:Athletic Club access for team member and immediate family, discounts on membership for additional family members, member rates for participation in lessons/programs and 25% retail discount.