Title: Material Handler
Location: San Diego, CA
This job requires and ambitious and hardworking professional who can work and entire shift on his or her feet. The Material Handler will be required to pay careful attention on the job, follow written and verbal instructions precisely and double-check his or her work before completing a task. Job duties will primarilty support SMT Feeder Setup operations and a variety of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse, sorting material and setting up material for production use. Use of automated ERP and WMS software facilitates these functions.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Feeder Setup for SMT operations.
• Reliably pull and process orders, logging items as required
• Accurately stock/restock incoming items, logging items as required
• Check all incoming and outgoing orders for accuracy
• File system requests for necessary items when stock is in a different warehouse
• Demonstrate commitment to all safety standards at all times
• Perform system driven inventory control checks
• Work cooperatively with team members and supervisors
• Use equipment properly and maintain it as needed
• Operate a forklift, or as needed
• Keep neat and orderly records of all incoming and outgoing orders
• Keep the work area clean and organized
• Report any system or machine issues to management ASAP
• Drive transport vehicles, such as vans, when necessary to move stock
• Read and follow written job instructions precisely
• Double check work for accuracy
• Sorting material and setting up material for production use
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Candidate must have 3 to 5 years material handling experience.
• Ability to multi-task and to remain calm under extreme pressure.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to sit or stand for 8+ hours per day
• Ability to use hands and fingers (manual dexterity)
• Possess good eyesight, both near and far
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs occasionally
• Experience with SMT Feeder Setup processes.
• Experience with and an understanding of ERP/MRP software.
• Experience with Warehouse Management System software
• Experience with using Microsoft Office tools
• Forklift certification and experience