The Material Handler is responsible for supplying materials to support production by performing the duties involved in receiving, stocking and issuing materials/supplies.
- Store and retrieve material (piece pick and/or bulk)
- Accurately identify parts and materials by part number
- Pick & palletize parts to complete orders for shipments
- Identify damaged material and work with Quality identify next steps
- Perform physical counts and inspections for inbound/outbound and stored inventory
- Performs daily maintenance of equipment, safety checks and area cleaning requirements
- Transport material off and on trailers using powered equipment (eg. Forklift and pallet jacks)
- Documents and transacts inbound/outbound movements
- Follow all safety-related processes to help ensure the health & well0being of fellow staff members
- Any other duties assigned as necessary
- Safe work record
- Ability to frequently lift up-to-75 lbs. using safe lifting techniques
- Ability to read/comprehend orders, BOMs, shipping docs, safety material, etc.
- Knowledge of loading/unloading and storage requirements
- Knowledge of damage identification procedures
- Ability to proficiently and safely use forklift to transport product, load/unload trucks; willingness to learn and operate lift if not already proficient
- Monday through Friday schedule and flexible to work weekends and/or evening shift on occasion to support urgent customer needs
- Success in working cross-functionally as a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Capacity to multi-task
- Professionalism (teamwork, courtesy, acceptance of direction)
- Competitive remuneration
- Health, dental and vision plans
- Life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Innovative purpose-driven colleagues to learn from and enjoy.
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, XL Fleet was founded in 2009. Our engineering facilities are located in Boston, Southern California, Detroit, and our production site in Quincy, IL.
In 2020 we started a new chapter of our history as a public company, and you can join us to build the future of XL Fleet together.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are vital parts of our strategy. Our vision is to build an organization that attracts and leverages diversity in our teams and strives for inclusion and belonging across our workplace and our partners and clients.
We respect and value all applicants for their unique perspectives and experiences.
So please, do not hesitate to apply - we'd love to hear from you.