We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Coordinate and ensure the flow of materials throughout the manufacturing process, from receipt of material to shipment of product; may perform kitting, packaging, expediting, stocking and shipping functions; performs work of moderate complexity.
• Performs daily customer service functions related to the receiving and issuing of materials to and from manufacturing departments, as prescribed by company policies and procedures.
• Support stockroom materials request by withdrawing required parts from inventory, bagging, tagging and issuing to internal customer; analyze inventory conditions in support of related materials functions.
• Sort, count, package, label, insure, unpack, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
• Inspect shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
• Route and deliver kits to appropriate work centers and/or departments; complete the incomplete kits that need to be delivered.
• Participate in physical inventories and cycle count as assigned.
• May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
• Drive company vehicles within REMEC campus, from the Stockroom to Shipping & Receiving to pick up tote and conductive boxes.
• Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
• Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
• Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
• Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Performs work of moderate complexity; uses judgment within established practices, policies and procedures;
• Performs daily cycle counts; updates computer system to track transactions; performs data entry;
• Performs advanced kitting assignments to meet production schedules.
• Two (2) years of related experience in a customer service environment;
• High School Diploma or GED
• Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions as well as technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization;
• Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel and Word software programs at an intermediate level; ability to use Enterprise-wide systems such as SAP;
• Analytical skills: review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities;
• Prior exposure to a manufacturing plant
• Time Management and Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person's contributions.
Employment Transparency :
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here .
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here .
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.