Title: Materials Logistics Manager Evening Shift (3:30 PM 12 AM)
Location: New York Metro Area
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Description: Our client, a top academic medical center in New York City is hiring a Materials Logistics Manager. The Materials Logistics Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the medical center supply chain from the off-site warehouse through receipt, processing, and final delivery of clinical supplies to the final point of use at all locations. The Materials Logistic Manager will coordinate both operational and support staff involved with receipts and distribution duties. The successful Material Logistics manager will develop and maintain strong working relationships with Acquisitions, Accounts Payable, Systems & Control, Nursing, Clinical End Users, Vendors and other participants in the supply chain.
- Establish staff schedules, authorizing payroll, vacation, and sick time.
- Establish customer delivery and shipping schedules, and coordinating related work for staff, including distribution of pick tickets to employees, direction of processing workflow, inventory, deliveries, monitoring of all return goods.
- Work closely with Nursing staff and Nursing Managers, ensuring that their service and supply needs are met.
- Reconcile physical inventory vs. information system count to prevent stock-outs and replenish stock.
- Manage inventory system transactions.
- Work with Purchasing to expedite merchandise shipments due to stock outs manufactures backorders and recalls.
- Supervise transfer of supplies within the supply chain, including receipt of merchandise, inventory transfers, and replenishment of Patient Care Units stock levels.
- Train staff on computerized system, cycle count program, RF devices, delivery tracking system and other related systems.
- Coordinate vendor operational activities in coordination with Purchasing, sales reps and other departments.
- Manage year-end physical inventory accounting.
- Provide operational management coverage at multiple locations
- Associates degree or higher
- 5 (five) years of experience in Materials Logistics in a Hospital setting, including 2+ years of management experience in a union environment
- Knowledge of various technologies, including the ERP, Radio Frequently and delivery tracking system and MS Excel
- Experience with inventory par management