Magna International Inc.
Job Number: 32826
Group: Magna Seating
Division: Magna Seating Novi
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Magna Seating is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of high quality complete seating systems. Our solution includes seating structures, mechanisms and hardware, as well as foam and trim products for global automotive, heavy truck and bus industries. Our capabilities include market and consumer research; full concept development; design and engineering capabilities; testing, validation and world-class manufacturing. Our award-winning seating solutions are developed from consumer research, finding the ease of operation to be comfortable, convenient and connected.
Oversee Materials Management responsibility for a new start-up Joint Venture Seating JIT Assembly plant located in the Metro Detroit area. This position will be a key player in creating and implementing the Materials Management objectives and implementing policies, procedures, and systems (SAP) to launch the new facility and ensure key objectives are met. The ideal candidate will be responsible to ensure that that organizational materials objectives are successfully achieved, primarily related to cost and delivery. They will also assist the General Manager and Assistant General Manager in maintaining a plant wide commitment that the highest quality product possible is manufactured. In the beginning of the launch and set up activity, this Materials Manager will be working with Corporate Materials Department and travel to different divisions to be trained and observe other Magna manufacturing and assembly practices.
• Implement SAP system following Magna template.
• Provides leadership and daily direction to Planning and Shop Floor Team
• Forecasts, monitors and drives improvements for all department KPI’s.
• Maintains daily communication with Customers to ensure requirements are understood and supply is uninterrupted at the Customers’ facilities.
• Responsible for all processes for inventory accuracy and SAP system integrity.
• Ensures supplier releases are accurately developed and distributed in a timely fashion.
• Create and implement shop floor standard work, including conveyance, dock management, 5S, forklift policies and 5 alarm.
• Monitors the inbound supply of materials to ensure an adequate supply at all times.
• Continuously strives to optimize inventory levels and reduce cost.
• Oversees tracking and execution of engineering changes from Bill of Materials to production implementation.
• Manages the delivery and warehousing of component parts and raw materials.
• Maintains top OEM service scores.
• Ensures all employees within the department have received all required training in a timely manner.
• Ensures Material Supervisors are adhering to standardized work instructions, rotation schedules and cross training is done as necessary.
• Ensures cleanliness and organization is maintained in the warehouse storage areas.
• Ensures the thoroughness and timely completion of scheduled performance reviews for all employees within the department.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of progressive materials Leadership in a JIT automotive manufacturing environment, including direct responsibility for hourly and salary employees.
• Experience with Greenfield and/or new launch experience in a Materials Manager role is highly preferred.
• Experience with the Ford OEM customer is an asset.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to customers, suppliers, vendors, management, employees and corporate personnel.
• Excellent analytical, problem resolution and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of ERP systems, specifically SAP.
• Strong organizational skills with a proven record of the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities within and across departments/business units to meet established and changing deadlines.
Work performed in an office and manufacturing plant environments. Normal mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer. Frequently exposed to varying temperature within plant depending upon external weather condition. Frequently walks, stands, grips/grasps, bends/stoops, crouches; and lifts and carries up to thirty (30) lbs within the manufacturing plant environment. INITIALLY, THIS POSITION WILL BE REQUIRED TO TRAVEL TO OTHER ASSEMBLY PLANTS FOR TRAINING.