CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future. SUMMARY:
This position will be responsible for leading and supervising the Rotary Joint Value Stream Planning team in planning, releasing, and managing work orders through production based on demand, material availability, work center capacity, and inventory. Responsibilities
- Create production schedule and perform capacity analysis to ensure schedule can be executed efficiently and without issue.
- Plan production resources within operations constraints and to fulfill demand requirements. Balance workload between planners.
- Manage execution of monthly Value Stream Revenue targets.
- Review Shared Services demand and capacity with Planning Manager for value stream.
- Improve On Time Delivery (OTD) and Past Due Revenue (PDR)
- Work with purchasing to address any component issues.
- Work closely with BD and Customer Service on proper and timely communication regarding lead times changes and issues with Sales Orders. Approve ship dates on Sales Orders and assign to Planners as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate and current information in the Item Master
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement and driving change
- Anticipate material/ part shortages or delays and expedite as required to eliminate project schedule impacts.
- Identify long lead procurement and fabrication needs.
- Provide status reports for material, manufacture and customer.
- Maintain strict adherence to business process and government compliance including flow downs and restrictions of manufacture.
- Ensure that the group operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
- Bachelors Degree OR 2 years of additional experience in manufacturing, planning, and production control
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing, planning, and production control, to include supervisory or leadership experience
- Intermediate Excel proficiency
- Specific emphasis on manufacturing work in a mechanical production environment.
- Efficiency in using ERP system and MS Excel required, M2M/Oracle a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple business lines with limited oversight
- Experience with effectively managing & prioritizing multiple deliverables
- APICS CPIM or CIRM certification
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here .
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here .
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.