The leading electronic measurement company who is also on the forefront of technology innovations. This role is for Materials Procurement Support – Entry
and we are looking for candidates to collaborate with Tellus Solutions
to create innovative solutions and to fulfill on our client's mission.Job Description:
As a Material Handler, your responsibilities will include:
- We help companies address their toughest challenges with precision and confidence. We offer the most precise electronic measurement tools in the industry, with advanced software to match. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to revolutionize electronic measurement and make a difference in the world.
- If you want to work for a company that makes positive impacts to the electronic measurement community, you can join this culture, even if you are non-technical.
- Validating incoming shipments into procurement/planning area, preparing items for movement/shipment (example: no charge shipments) to other locations/areas as appropriate
- Preparing appropriate paperwork; checking items to be shipped against purchase order details to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Maintaining compliance with all state, federal, and international import and export requirements
- Receiving and unloading incoming materials and using system tools/programs to verify accuracy of shipments.
- Sorting, counting, packaging, labeling, insuring, unpacking, and/or logging inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspecting shipments for damages or defects; recording discrepancies or damages and notifying procurement/planning personnel.
- Delivering and tracking items to requisitioning departments.
- Tracing lost shipments and/or filing claims for lost or damaged items. Performing procurement administrative functions such as maintaining department databases, preparing routine reports, filing and recording shipping and receiving records.
- Position includes delivery and physical movement of multiple different materials; and, large boxes on a daily basis.
- Following established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, written work instructions, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Performing miscellaneous logistics and procurement related administrative duties as assigned.
- May provide on the job training and guidance as needed.
- Miscellaneous other procurement activities as needed or required.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, working environment and optimizing space utilization.
- Previous material handling and some Procurement experience is preferred.
- Track record of increasing effectiveness or reducing waste in process steps, familiarity with LEAN methodologies is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle helpful.
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods.
- Demonstrates effective listening and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Demonstrated success in a diverse, team-oriented work environment.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
- Experience with MS Suite of applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Note: entry level to procurement, some college experience preferred.
- Some college preferred - entry level procurement.
- Skill set must include: team oriented, organized, ability to multi-task.
- Have very good verbal/written communication.
- Computer/tool proficiency level: Intermediate - Knowledge of Outlook, Excel a must. Other collaboration tools (Teams/Zoom, etc.) familiarity helpful.
- Physical movement - must be able to be on site, position requires a lot walking and movement of materials throughout facility, must be able to comply with Company COVID-19 requirements (meet all on site protocols).