Mechanic / Technician - Equipment Field (Greensburg, KS)
Caterpillar - Foley machinery
For our entire 80 year history, Foley has maintained a steadfast commitment to the safety and wellbeing of everyone – employees, customers, the communities we serve and our nation. Get started with your new career at Foley and you’ll find yourself surrounded by people that are engaged in their work, enjoy what they do and are readily recognized for their contributions.
Our Resident Equipment Field Technician is primarily responsible for troubleshooting, servicing and repairing heavy machinery at the customer’s worksite. This includes large and small earthmoving equipment. You represent Foley Equipment off-site and help our customers with critical repairs.
- Perform all levels of repair and preventative maintenance on heavy machinery, diagnose and troubleshoot problems, make recommendations for repairs and perform critical repairs and adjustment
- Must be willing to work overtime as required by fluctuating workloads and available for after-hours calls as needed
- Perform required DOT inspections to ensure service truck is in proper, safe working order
- Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments
- Develop and maintain long-lasting working relationships with customers
Our Ideal Candidate
- Basic mechanical knowledge including electrical and hydraulics
- Class A or B CDL required or ability to obtain CDL within three months of start date
- General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments
- Must be able to read and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
What will put you ahead:
- Experience working within the diesel mechanics industry (specifically with CAT earthmoving equipment)
- Stable work history
- Class A or B CDL
- Ability to foster positive relationships internally and externally
Who We Are
Foley Industries - Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental and SITECH Central – enters its ninth decade of empowering progress for customers in Kansas and Western Missouri. Foley’s 1,000+ employees strive every day to safely deliver excellence in service, parts, rental and sales across a broad line of Caterpillar and allied construction equipment, power generation, as well as SITECH construction technology solutions. For more information, please visit www.FoleyEq.com.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching, insurance benefits
- Holiday, PTO, Parental Leave
- Company laptop for troubleshooting and ordering parts
- Tool reimbursement program
- Work boot reimbursement
- Uniforms and cleaning services
- Clearly defined path of progression for technical advancement
- Family owned company where you’re more than just another employee
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. To request a reasonable accommodation or assistance in completing the application, call 316-529-5810 or email email@example.com.