Mechanical Construction Manager
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Manager with Mechanical Experience, responsible for daily management of all assigned capital construction field execution. Assure efficient and effective management of contractor project execution to deliver best value to our customer. This role will be based at a client site, located in Albany, GA
- Reports to the Wood Project Manager
- Coordinate daily activities with the site superintendents and/or foremen.
- Coordinate safety with Safety Manager
- Coordinate Vendors/Bidders/Partners/Sub Contractors
- Coordinate with client(s)
- This is an exempt position requiring strict understanding and compliance with confidentiality requirements.
- Assist with execution and contractor activities at site.
- Schedule daily work and oversee activities in the field. (Coordinate and Inspect)
- Work within team to ensure contractors are meeting client’s site execution requirements.
- Work within team to ens
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree is required together with a minimum of 10 years of private sector construction management experience.
- Strong experience in Commercial and Industrial Construction
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake multifunction activities within the Wood Project Team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to ‘multi-task’ and manage the commercial approvals process within the constraints of multiple deadlines.
- Willingness to undertake specific training related to contracts and risk management.
- Must be willing to travel for project assignments.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Will work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and will walk on uneven ground
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.