Mechanical Design Engineer Sacramento, CA
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility, or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about
This position is responsible for the delivery of engineering services, from conceptual design through construction completion of HVAC, Plumbing, and other contract services offered by ACCO Engineered Systems.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Assist with engineering design project planning (i.e., conceptual design through construction drawing development)
- Complete code-required energy compliance and LEED documentation
- Conduct engineering calculations, energy analysis, economic analysis, selection and layout of equipment, and duct & piping system design for HVAC, Plumbing, and other building systems for which ACCO offers expertise
- Understanding of applications engineering including psychrometrics, refrigeration, acoustics, and controls systems
- Assist with coordination of design and installation with Project Management, Construction and Service departments, Controls, and other trade partners.
- Field engineering: assist with project execution, site surveys, trade coordination, scheduling, document management and problem-solving
- Computer 2D and 3D modeling of HVAC or plumbing systems utilizing the latest modeling software
- Effectively and professionally communicate with colleagues and project team members
- Manage time to meet project schedules and task deadlines
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management
- Prior intern experience with a mechanical contractor and/or engineering consultant preferred, but not required
- EIT Certificate highly desirable, but not required
- Excellent understanding of Engineering fundamentals
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Revit or similar drafting software preferred
Monday through Friday beginning between 7:00 and 8:00 am and ending between 4:00 and 5:00 pm, with one hour for lunch. Eight hours per day is required, and occasional overtime may be necessary.
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Exert up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, up to 10 lbs of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work.
- Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- This position may also be required to climb stairs and ladders.
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture- We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship