Farmington Hills, MI
|Date Posted:||Oct 27|
|Category:||2 - Engineering & Manufacturing|
Our Client in Plymouth, MI is looking for a Mechanical Designer
The Mechanical Designer, reporting to the Director of Engineering, will be responsible for the daily operations of mechanical design. The successful candidate will design, support the build, and document mechanical drawings for various type of equipment from evac and fluid fill automated equipment for the automotive industry to industrial pumping systems. Will work as a contributing member of the Engineering team, able to review and red line mechanical drawings. The ability to prioritize workloads, balance multiple projects simultaneously, work cross-functionally, collaborate with internal stakeholders and customers are some of the key components for this position.
The successful candidate will be committed to continuous development and engagement, and will have the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships within our teams. The Mechanical Designer is responsible for current and future work, and ensuring that equipment is designed to meet customer and company build specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize and schedule work assignments to meet deadlines or as directed
- Prepare calculations on the proposed machine before completing technical drawings
- Calculate factors like tolerance, dimensions, and thermal and structural analysis
- Designing and implementing cost-effective fluid fill equipment designs, pump systems, and/or modifications to existing designs
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
- Discussing and solving complex problems with the manufacturing and service departments
- Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Managing multiple project designs to complete on timeline and within budget using engineering principles and techniques
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design
- Review and modify drawings to ensure they meets customers specifications
- Review customer specifications and verify that proper material is utilized for the design and application
- Create a BOM, obtain costs, and develop quotes for the customer fabrication designs
- Create piece part drawings for the fabrication team to the final design
- Assist the repair/production departments with technical support when needed
- Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary
- Four (4) YEARS MINIMUM EXPERIENCE in process related field
- Experienced in moving overhead rail systems (Knight and Unified)
- Understanding of elastomeric seal design (o-rings and valve systems)
- Experienced in taking field measurements and drawing plant layout
- Understanding of NFPA and hazardous area classifications Class 1 Div. 1/2
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Ability to review the detail and 1A layout for the completion of the machine design
- Willing to work in office and interface with shop floor as required
- Willing to work overtime when required (average hours per week are 40-55)
- Willing to travel when required (domestic and international)
- Experience with Customer interaction
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in electrical systems, design, etc.
f you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.
About the Company
At Venteon, we are experts in providing Executive Search and Staffing services in Accounting & Finance, Engineering, Technology, Sales & Marketing and Advertising with the following options:
Direct Placement / Executive Search
Project Based Solutions
We Deliver the Right Solutions:
Our recruiters are experienced in finding the right candidates for your position. Through active recruiting within our vast network (both locally and nationally), we source qualified candidates that have the exact experience necessary to make an immediate impact.
Our goal is to make the right placement the first time. We spend a great deal of time matching the right candidate with the right opportunity. Once a placement is made, we implement an ongoing quality control program to ensure the satisfaction of both parties. We believe that being proactive in this process enables us to provide a high level of success in our placement process.
We Build Long-Term Partnerships:
Our professional staff will learn about your business, culture, and work environment in order to understand the requirements and skills needed for your open position. We then tailor our search to these specific requirements and efficiently address your critical hiring needs. Our dedication to nurturing long-term, trust-based relationships with both clients and candidates is the reason for our success.